This occurs only with flash drive input? Any flash drive, or just one? If it is ONLY the one drive, assumption would be that the drive itself is corrupted, need a bit more info.
I have an infected computer, and googled intensively the symptoms, but found no meaningful trace of it at all on the web, what it might be and how it can be removed?
These are the symptoms which I noticed so far:
1. When a usb flash is plugged in it starts a setup program for PDF Unlocker
2. it creates on the usb drive autorun.inf file and config folder (which links to system recycler)
3. it creates pdfunlocker.tmp file in C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Local Settings\Temp
4. in C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Local Settings\Temp it creates a folder named IS- folowed by a random set of characters. In that folder it creates isx.dll
5. in the registry it creates this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENT VERSION\WINLOGON\TASKMAN\C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-0728249037-2743871067-325377221-5747\schl.exe
6. It creates pdfunlocker.exe in C:\Documents and Settings\M\Application Data
I scanned it through Avast home edition, Panda antivirus ActiveScan, HijackThis, Spybot, Mcafee stinger, Mcafee Rootkit Detective and nothing was found.
I tried to delete the files manually, and to correct the registry key, but all of it, of course reappears after deletion.
My system: WIN XP SP3 professional
antivirus > Avast home edition
I would appreciate any hint on what is this and how to nail the annoying pest!