The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

myShape.com & Zafu.com, Do personal shoppers really work?

Dear Buzz Out Loud Gang,
I read about these two companies recently and I was wondering if anyone has ever used these two services? One is called myShape, which will be opening in September and the other is called Zafu, which is in operations now. Both websites are personal shopping portals in which allow women to buy clothing that always fits them. Essentially, you send in your measurements to these websites when log in and setup an account. Afterwards, when you then return into the website, all of the clothing and styles you see under your profile will be those that are particularly tailored for you. It is as if you have personal tailor. It is an interesting business model but somewhat odd as well because you placing your trust in someone else for your clothing.

This however would be a great place for men in that they would not have to guess what to get their wives or girlfriends. All hard stuff is already done for them. Wink

I thought this was quite intriguing and wanted to know if anyone has ever used a personal shopping service?

Websites:
http://www.zafu.com/
http://myshape.com/

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: myShape.com & Zafu.com, Do personal shoppers really work?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: myShape.com & Zafu.com, Do personal shoppers really work?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) simple; jewellery - one size fits all.

In reply to: myShape.com & Zafu.com, Do personal shoppers really work?

Collapse -
You have to be diverse dude ;-), Want to get something else

In reply to: (NT) simple; jewellery - one size fits all.

In actuality, I bought her a necklace with a diamond charm for her birthday so simply continually buying her jewelry may not be the best move dude. Besides, women like diversity so I need to come up with something else.

We are going on a cruise to Hawaii soon and she spent a ton of money on me for clothing for that cruise. Trying to buy clothes for her is like buying clothes for the Queen of England.

I just wanted to know if anyone has used this service and was he or she happy with it. I will also check with some of the newsgroups and a few blogs to see if there is any chatter about it.

Thanks dude;-)

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I'd just go with gifts that get progressively grander..

In reply to: You have to be diverse dude ;-), Want to get something else

Collapse -
I will give it some thought

Hmmmm, I will give it some thought. Just remember women do not think alike despite what most men believe. Thanks for the tips dude.. Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) lol. who would have know that?!

In reply to: I will give it some thought

Collapse -
Clothes Shopping

In reply to: myShape.com & Zafu.com, Do personal shoppers really work?

I hate shopping for clothes... but when I do, by heck, I'm going into a store where I can see, feel, and try on the clothes I'm about to buy.

And I thought personal shoppers went out and bought things for you based on what you want or what they think will look good on you. These sites, from what you've said, really only seem to do the simple task of looking at the size label for you... kinda lazy I guess...

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.