General discussion

My Windows 7 Ultimate shuts down my Program:

hello to you all and I am hoping that out there is a person who is able to assist me with a problem I have with my Computer.
Wanting to update my computer to a better program, I decided to get windows 7 ultimate and get rid of my old faithful XP SP3.
In doing so I have caused myself a major headache with trying to install some of my Games onto this system. Some of the games have a incompatibility problem. This I can understand with some older games, BUT I have had problems with a lot of newest Games.
The worst effected is my Fallout New Vegas game, from Bethesda. It is a proper and legal game and when I try to Re-Install it on to my computer it does everything it is supposed to do then it updates OK BUT when I try to play the game, All S##t hit the fan. some type of Windows program just shuts the entire game down. I do not receive an error number Just a BOX opens [Fallout NV has stopped working} {A problem caused the program to stop working Correctly. Windows will close the Program... Windows will close the program and Notify you if a solution is available... [Close Program}
I have tried everything I can to fix this problem with no luck, I have tried every Forum that is available. but I cannot find anything that can help solve this.
Hopefully there may be someone out there who can help me with fix this game so I am once again able to play it
I thank anyone who may be able to assist me.
Bye Frankrdr. I live in Adelaide, Australia.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: My Windows 7 Ultimate shuts down my Program:
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: My Windows 7 Ultimate shuts down my Program:
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
You didn't tell ...

if your old faithful computer is suited to run Windows 7.

With no cues at all the best thing for you might be to go back to XP SP3. All I can suggest: run dxdiag to see if it finds anything wrong.

Kees

- Collapse -
For Kees_B Benifit.

I should have stated on my post that my DESKTOP, OS is an Intel (R) Core(TM) i3 cpu, 5300 @ 2.93GHz, 4 GB Ram, 1.8 TB HDD, NVidia GeForce GTS 450 1GB HD/3D Graphic Card. Win 7 Ultimate 64bit... I have installed other games on this computer with no Problems ( The Witcher 2, Dead Space 2, Crysis 2 and others.
My wife's Laptop is an ASUS N71Jq Series, Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-7200 @ 1,6 GHz, 1.6GHz, VRam 1GB. 4GB RAM 1TBHDD ATI Radeon HD 5730 1GB Graphic Card. WIN 7 Premium 64bit system. The game works ok on this computer. so this is what is driving me so crazy as I know that both computers can handle this game without ant problems. ( MY POOR OLD COMPUTER SHOULD DO SO) Thanks anyway and I hope that there is someone out there that can help me with this mess.

- Collapse -
ME TOO!

There is a place dedicated to FALLOUT NV issues. For example that bug with the card game in NV would cause NV to crash with that message. Later they patched that.

Also, video and all other drivers are noted as causes.

But here's the deal. I read your post and it appears you installed 7. But not a word about all the other drivers that this OS and Microsoft will not find for you (or even mention.)
Bob

CNET Forums