Windows 7 forum

Question

My WIFI Router isnt connecting to my devices?

i tryed connecting my ps3 with My WIFI Router software via wireless but the only thing that sucseeded was the ip address but the internet connection failed i also tryed connecting my ipod touch to My WIFI Router also but it didnt connect anyone know whats wrong

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My WIFI Router isnt connecting to my devices?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My WIFI Router isnt connecting to my devices?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: virtual router

In reply to: My WIFI Router isnt connecting to my devices?

We don't support that program. So it's a good opportunity for you to test the customer service of the maker (in China). If they can't help you, better try Virtual Router (that's a well known and free open source program).

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
Spam! The Unmeat!

** THE ABOVE POST IS SPAM **

The developers of My Wifi Router, or someone working on their behalf, have decided to spam these forums -- probably others as well -- with these fake grassroots (astroturfing) posts.

If they have to resort to this kind of garbage just to get people to try their program, not only is it almost certainly a giant steaming pile, but there's no telling just how much lower they'll be willing to stoop once you've installed their crap program.

** DO NOT DOWNLOAD THEIR CRAP SOFTWARE OR GIVE THESE CROOKS ANY MONEY! **

Collapse -
If I see such posts ...

In reply to: Spam! The Unmeat!

I let them stay with a comment if they are negative, and delete them if they are stupid (like the second today, that asked if you could use it to receive WiFi on a desktop that had no WiFi card) or even positive (althoiugh that's quite an exception, to read something positive about the program).

I really wonder why any maker likes to see of his product mentioned negative on the internet, that they continue spammiing it.

Kees

Collapse -
I just hit the yellow triangle

In reply to: If I see such posts ...

and leave it to you guys to sort out.

Collapse -
If I had to guess

In reply to: If I see such posts ...

If I had to guess, and I could have sworn I posted this earlier, I'd say that they're operating on the basic spammer playbook. The marginal costs are negligible enough that whatever crap they likely have loaded in the software itself more than makes up for it even if only a tiny fraction of people download it. It could even easily be part of some corporate espionage plot. You just keep tossing these messages out there in the hopes that sooner or later someone who works for a high value target installs it and that provides a convenient means of getting into an otherwise secure network. It's not like people always use different passwords to log into home computers and work computers.

In any event, I've updated my typical message to warn others off to now include a definitive statement that they are spamming other forums. I knew it was almost certainly happening, I was just too lazy/apathetic to bother verifying.

Collapse -
Indeed.

In reply to: Spam! The Unmeat!

Google found 5 other fully identical posts on other forums, all from today, for search terms
"my wifi router" ps3 "only thing"
This must be orchestrated.

Kees

Collapse -
Don't make a fuss.

In reply to: Indeed.

Collapse -
blame WW2

In reply to: Don't make a fuss.

Collapse -
Answer
I usually don't call out spammers, but this time I will.

Please tell your fellow team mates from "My WIFI Router" to stop shilling/astroturfing in these forums.

We all know what you are doing and this behavior reflects badly on your company. Please do not do it again.

Thank you,
-Lee

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.