Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

Question

My website Review(Rating) not working

by Alicecarran1986 / January 25, 2015 4:58 PM PST

I m newbie here want some expert suggestion about coding on my website. I got review (User Rating) option with my theme but its not working for example when user rate my post its works fine but my post on my home page do not show user ratings, whats goes wrong with my Website.

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove link to website which not needed for question at hand. on 01/26/2015 at 10:21 AM PT

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My website Review(Rating) not working
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My website Review(Rating) not working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: website
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 25, 2015 5:03 PM PST

There points:
1. This doesn't look like a newbie website, but much more professional. In that case, ask your developer to find out what's wrong so he can correct it.
2. Visitors of the website (like us) can't view the code. We only see the result. So it's clearly impossible for anybody but the developer to tell what's wrong.
3. To be sure your post isn't meant as SEO I'll ask to have the link to your website removed. As I said in #2, it's unnecessary.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
If it is a commercial theme
by Sovereign Forum moderator / February 5, 2015 12:09 AM PST

your best bet is, in fact, to reach out to the theme author. There may be a simple setting behind the scenes to display the rating, but if not, they can best advise on what change needs to be made to have that show up.

Usually professional themes have support forums where there's usually lots of people familiar with the theme's code and can point you in the right direction. Like Kees mentioned, this is most likely code on the back-end that would be responsible for that, which we can't see and don't have access to.

~Sovereign

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?