Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

My Web Search

by lobtuf / January 14, 2010 11:19 AM PST

I was at my daughter's house and noticed she had mywebsearch toolbar on her pc. I asked her if she downloaded it and she said no. I ran Super Antispyware and it found 131 items as of the time I left, all from My Web Search. I don't remember how to uninstall it; can anyone enlighten me?
Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My Web Search
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My Web Search
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Use SUPERAntispyware, Malwarebytes
by Donna Buenaventura / January 14, 2010 11:22 AM PST
In reply to: My Web Search
Collapse -
Re:
by lobtuf / January 14, 2010 11:36 AM PST

The first part of your response didn't post but I will try the steps in the link you sent.
Thanks again Donna for yet another solution to problems my family/friends (ok, at times me too) get themselves into

Collapse -
Strange
by Donna Buenaventura / January 14, 2010 11:43 AM PST
In reply to: Re:

I can see it here though. Must be the toolbar that did that in your browser.

I was suggesting to allow SUPERAntispyware to get rid of it, if you have not (after the scan) or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or A-squared. These applications should be getting rid of this particular spyware Happy

Collapse -
"A message from Mindspark, the publishers of MyWebSearch"
by Mindspark / January 15, 2010 2:49 AM PST
In reply to: My Web Search

Please do not use SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes or any other application to uninstall the toolbar. It can be easily uninstalled through add/remove programs. Instructions for uninstalling can be found here:

http://www.mindspark.com/main/toolbar-info/remove-mws/removemwsinst/index.shtml

The My Web Search toolbar, created by Mindspark (Interactive Network), is a proven safe and secure service that will enhance a user?s online experience. The toolbar features allow users to creatively express themselves through online communication.

For more information on the toolbar see:
http://www.mindspark.com/main/toolbar-info/index.shtml

For more information on why it is not spyware, see this page:
http://www.mindspark.com/main/toolbar-info/spyware-free/index.shtml

If you have any questions, you can visit our support pages at:
http://smileycentral.custhelp.com/app/

Collapse -
Detected by malware scanner as risk, it is something to
by Donna Buenaventura / January 15, 2010 2:56 AM PST

be removed by anti-malware scanner like SUPERAntispyware, Malwarebytes, A-squared or other trustworthy malware remover program, if the program can't be removed using Add/Remove Utility of Windows.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.