TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

My televison screen is totally white.

Last night while watching television, the picture on my television faded to total white. Not static, white. I have checked the antena and gone through the trouble shooting section of the handbook. I still have sound, but there is just a total white picture. The television is a 2 in1, 19" LCD and DVD system. It was made by TruTech and I believe the model number in 08-09-1341. I apologive if any of the system information is incorrect, and I thank anyone who can help in advance.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My televison screen is totally white.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My televison screen is totally white.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
WHAT'S A TRU-TECH?

In reply to: My televison screen is totally white.

SOUNDS LIKE AN OFF-OFF-BRAND.

GOOD LUCK.

River.

Collapse -
Was that from Target?

A friend got some off brand and for 20 bucks added Target's 3 year replacement policy. I was there and prodded him to do that. Yes, he has to keep the box, reciept and such but a small price for a good exchange policy.

Bob

Collapse -
Yes

In reply to: Was that from Target?

Yes, it was from Target. Surprisingly, they will not allow me to return it. They have some sort of policiy of not allowing returns after three months.

Collapse -
The return is possible if ...

In reply to: Yes

You bought their extended warranty. Otherwise you have to deal with the maker.

Bob

Collapse -
This is what I would do

First, I'd check to make sure this unit was still getting a proper signal which it likely is. This sounds like a video preamp, amp or video output is causing the problem but it could also be your tuner. I would recommend you take it to a repair shop have them evaluate it as this really requires a technician to determine what has happend to the video signal and where it was lost, then why. It could be an IC or video processor. You can try to use a different video signal and see if it is being processed by a different input. If you are using cable tv, try hooking up a vcr with a S-video or RGB then set your monitor input to RGB or S-Video or whatever other input you might have. This is not a major fix or at least it shouldn't be cost wise.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!