Question

My System don't take XP installation, Need Help !!!

Hello all,

I am facing a irritating problem for few days, I have core 2 duo(2.20GHz) processor with 2 GB RAM, my problem is its stop taking Windows XP setup but it takes Win 7 or 8 without any disturbance. What is the problem Sad

Please advice me, I wanna to switch Win XP ASAP Sad

Any help would be highly recommended.

Thanks !

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: My System don't take XP installation, Need Help !!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: My System don't take XP installation, Need Help !!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
(NT) By chance does it have SATA connections?
- Collapse -
Answer
How did it come?

with XP, or Vista, or Windows 7?

Windows 7 & 8 will set up drive with a GPT type partition instead of MBR when installed as the first operating system on a drive. It won't do that if installed as second system in a different partition on the same drive. It also creates an EFI or UEFI file. If you have a newer motherboard, it may not be set in BIOS to accept a drive partitioned and formatted for MBR. Vista sort of falls in between those two.

XP expects to be setup on a Master Boot Record type partition instead of GPT. If XP used is 32 bit type, then it also doesn't setup on partition and file system for 64 bit such as Vista and Windows 7.

You said "it stop taking XP", so did you just add another system to another partition on the drive, did you upgrade to newer operating system?

- Collapse -
missing hardware files

I had the same problem a couple of years back with new motherboard, I used a program called slipstream and made a new windows install disc with the updated files now added, install went great after that.

- Collapse -
Sounds like a magic bullet.

These are pretty rare today and my last slipstream had me thinking that very few today would do this as, well, for many reasons.

Why not old fashioned? That is, sketch out the install plan and then test it, fix it and get it right?
Bob

CNET Forums