Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

My "Site Builder" site isn't crawlable

Hello, I'm having trouble with my new site that I built with "Site Builder". It seems that it's not crawlable. I can't figure out why. I do have links from one page to the next. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My "Site Builder" site isn't crawlable
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My "Site Builder" site isn't crawlable
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:My

In reply to: My "Site Builder" site isn't crawlable

You mean from search engines? Did you check if you have meta tags on your pages? You can bets do that in yout HTML code. Here is more about meta tags:
http://www.philb.com/metatag.htm

Collapse -
Re:Re:My

In reply to: Re:My

Yes, in search engines. I do have meta tags. The site builder just gives you a form to fill in for your key word, title and description tags, which I did. But I don't know why they aren't crawlable.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:My

In reply to: Re:Re:My

How long are you waiting all ready? Did you use the right keywords and have you tried submitting your website to search engines yourself?

Collapse -

In reply to: Re:Re:Re:My

I used a site optimizer tool which told me that the site wasn't crawlable. I think maybe a Site Builder Rep will have to help me. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Collapse -
Re:Reply

In reply to: Reply

No problem, sorry I couldn't help CryGrin

Collapse -

Send me you site url and let me take a look at it. I work for a web service with a product like SiteBuilder (of course we think it's better) and ours do very well in Google rankings, etc. so I might be able to spot a problem. It's not FLASH, right? If its flash only you can forget it (but NOTE I AM NOT LISTING MY COMPANY's NAME IN THIS POST. ALso WC3 has a free test that will report all the html coding problems some of which which could stop a spider but it also reports a lot of stuff that's not a problem too. If you want to send me your URL send it to lilfish405@hotmail.com - not my main email address obviously but one that I will delete before too long to avoid spam address scrapers.

Collapse -

It's entirely possible that your host simply doesn't allow spiders to crawl the sites of unpaying customers (via .htaccess or otherwise). Simple as that.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.