Dell forum

General discussion

My screen turns to liquid as I scroll down my page

by tundradan / February 5, 2010 12:07 PM PST

I have a dell about two years old and my window is windows XP. Before my computer crashed, I could scroll down a page using any button or slide and my screen remained stable and in focus. Now when I scroll down the page, it turns to liquid (out of focus) as I scroll and then when it stops, all is good. It isn't that problematic, but it is bothersome....any ideas?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My screen turns to liquid as I scroll down my page
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My screen turns to liquid as I scroll down my page
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Turn down the monitor's refresh rate
by Bam421 / February 6, 2010 3:57 AM PST

1. Right click open space on the desktop and click Properties.

2. Click the Settings tab.

3. Click the Advanced button.

4. Click the Monitor tab at the top.

5. Click the drop-down menu and click 60 Hertz.

6. Hit apply and exit.

Collapse -
turn down refresh rate
by tundradan / February 19, 2010 5:33 AM PST

The suggestion did NOT work because when I get to the part where I should click on 60hz, that option doesn't exist for me. I get "use hardware default setting" in the drop down and NO other options.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Update your video card driver (at the vendor's website)
by Bam421 / February 19, 2010 12:02 PM PST
In reply to: turn down refresh rate
Collapse -
liquid screen
by ward733 / February 19, 2010 11:15 AM PST

It sounds to me as though your system has lagging issues, such as maxed ram, low internet bandwidth, and over loaded processor. I had a similar issue when I was using a torrent downloader. Check your system resourses by pressing Ctrl Alt Delete and select task manager and select the performance tab. If any of the graphs are maxed out then you might want to consider upgrading maybe ram or reducing your system load.

Hope that helps..

Jerry

Collapse -
The screen is broke
by tom.schavo / February 23, 2010 9:43 AM PST

None of these solutions will work as the screen is broke. During my tenure as tech associate, i came across a customer who had a similar issue and finally it came out to be a screen problem.

I may be wrong, however this seems to be the only solution for you.

Collapse -
broke
by tundradan / February 24, 2010 3:26 AM PST
In reply to: The screen is broke

Dude, isn't there a utility I can run to optimize my computer performance that might automatically address this issue?

Collapse -
more specific
by bobbloke / February 24, 2010 4:27 AM PST
In reply to: broke

You say your computer crashed be more specific

Collapse -
Sorry
by Bam421 / February 24, 2010 10:45 AM PST
In reply to: broke

Sorry man, but if it's a screen issue it's a screen issue. No fix except buying a new monitor.

Best way to find out if it is the screen, is to plug another monitor in. Or, plug the monitor into another source.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?