Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

General discussion

My Samsung wont "start"?

by Kareir / July 26, 2009 4:00 AM PDT

Hey all,

So, last month the Samsung Syncmaster 711 MP LCD Tv/Monitor i've had on my desk for around 3 years wouldn't turn on. Or, actually, it does, but instantly turns off again. Then on and off for hours. Occasionally, it will turn on after a long while, and work properly, but not very often. Have you guys got any idea what's going on there?

I currently have a Nintendo 64 and X360 plugged into it, but that's it.

Thanks loads,

_Kar.

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
Same Problem
by savabg0 / September 7, 2009 5:50 AM PDT

Mine just did 3 years and started doing this problem..i turn it on and it starts restarting or something like that..first it started after 30 min then after 1 hour ..today after 2 hours...messed up..the garanty just went out...lol..ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEA?!?!?

Collapse -
Same Problem
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 8, 2009 8:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Same Problem

savabg0,

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for either one of those issues. You might call 800-SAMSUNG to see if maybe there is something that can be done, but I'm unsure of the cause.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung Syncmaster 711MP LCD TV Monitor -Not powering up=FIX
by tonyfay1 / January 13, 2010 5:07 AM PST
In reply to: Same Problem

I had Same problem. Three of the Five Electrolytic capacitors on the Power supply board in the monitor were faulty. C241, C242 and C243. These Electrolytic capacitors had bulging tops.
I replaced these three with same types; 470uF 25V DC.
The monitor is now working again.
Hope this helps.
Note; if you are not qualified to do this repair please get someone who is . Remember to disconnect the power lead from the monitor before attempting to open the rear cover. Dangerous voltages are present inside the monitor.

Collapse -
Syncmaster 2053 bw won't start
by aban60 / February 18, 2010 11:17 AM PST

Recently brought a Syncmaster 2053 bw... now after 8 months it won't start ....I usually have to restart My windows 7 box (blindly ) 2 or 3 time before monitor wakes up. and I fear these are out of warranty and production.... Sucks

Collapse -
Same problem
by free2war / September 26, 2011 9:09 PM PDT

I had the same problem. Thanks for your instructions and I have fixed my monitor. Replaced C241 and C242 with 1000uF 16V, C261 and C263 with 470uF 25V. But make sure that the capacitors are of the High temperature type, i.e. 105 degree C.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!