Tip

My Samsung ES8000 has display promlem

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: My Samsung ES8000 has display promlem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: My Samsung ES8000 has display promlem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I'm guessing the fix they noted didn't take.

You'll have to get a TV tech to diagnose it further. The parts are considered non user serviceable but if you are tackling this on your own try asking shopjimmy.com which board to change first.

- Collapse -
Weblink does not work

your suggested website shopjimmy.com is not accessible. Thanks

- Collapse -
May be limited to North America.

While the es8000 was also in the US, maybe you are in the UK? Without full model numbers I can't guess that. What company there sells boards and offers repair ideas? Here, very few do that and techs I know do not offer ideas. Diagnosis is not happening in forums, just ideas what it could be. Solution? Have it repaired.

- Collapse -
T-con board

Looks like a solarized image. I recently fixed my magnavox by replacing the T-con board, surprisingly I found out samsung and other tvs use the same part.

- Collapse -
Re: Display Problem

I'm sorry to see this! Here's some troubleshooting steps that you can do in regards to this.

-Please make sure that the television is plugged directly into the wall outlet.
-Update the firmware to the latest version
-Factory Reset the television

If none of the above work, the unit would require service. Here’s the thread where you can get details on setting that up: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-542437/service-issues-click-here-for-help/

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
Problems still remain as it is

Even after doing all of the above mentioned steps, still my TV remain as it is. May be its panel or panel related mainboard needs to be replaced. Do you have any idea, where I can get that.

Thanks

- Collapse -

Samsung recommends getting an authorized service center to perform the repairs. As performing a self repair voids any warranty you have on the unit.

However if you wish to do a self repair you can always find the service manual and parts on http://www.samsungparts.com. You can also reach out to the parts department via phone at, 1-800-627-4368.

Regards,

HD Tech

CNET Forums