Alert

My Samsung 55" 240hz 3D LED TV NIGHTMARE!!!

On October 7th 2010 I convinced my family to purchase a un55c7000 55" 240hz 3D LED TV with an extended 2 year warranty from Fred Meyer. Exactly 60 days after purchase, I noticed the tv would shut it's self off and display triangles and squares at certain times. I immediately drove to my local Fred Meyer to see if i can exchange my tv. They said no.

As soon as I got home from Fred Meyer, I called the Fred Meyer Warranty company(N.E.W.). They said that they would not help me until a year has passed. They recommended that I call Samsung. I call Samsung and they sent a local tech(Ken's Electronics) to replace the power supply board. Now the TV turns itself off less frequently(not fixed) and the crazy shapes problem is still there(not fixed). 3 days ago I called Samsung and reported that these issues are still going on. Today the tech showed up and replaced the 2 other boards with refurbished parts from Samsung. After the tech left I powered on the unit. The tv started flickering really bad and making snapping and popping sounds flowed by a strange electrical smell. The snapping and popping sounds were so loud that they startled my Fiance, 2 Sons and myself. It was truly horrifying. Now the TV turns on and then turns off. Nothing more.

I called Ken's Electronics to let them know that the TV is seriously malfunctioning and Ken said he would order the replacement panel from Samsung. For the record Ken and Co. has been helpful and proffessional through this nightmare.

So I asked how long would it take to receive this panel replacement and he said 4 days or more.

Here's the problem now.
1. Our living room TV is NOT functional. Who knows when this will be rectified.
2. Our new tv is full of refurbished parts.
3. After all of this my family and I do not trust this tv set.
4. After calling Samsung today they have no resolution at all.
5. My family has had problems with other Samsung LED TV's in the past and despite their feelings towards our Samsung experience I convince them to go with Samsung again.

I was told a ECR will contact me tomorrow....in the mean time we have no living room tv with 4 pair of 3D glasses and a Samsung 3D Home theatre system.

I'm so pissed off. Sad

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: My Samsung 55" 240hz 3D LED TV NIGHTMARE!!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: My Samsung 55" 240hz 3D LED TV NIGHTMARE!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Similar Problem

I had similar problem with samsung. I got the UN55D7000 and have the clouding problem in the four corners. The changed the panel but still have problem. When you search online, you will find out that this is a KNOWN problem with their tv. When I called back up and explained I still have issue, they only offered to refund the money...which might be ok...but I really just want the tv fixed.

I also read the the 8000 series does not have this issue and when I asked the ECR department to atleast upgrade me to 8000 and I would even pay the increase...they said NO.

Sorry but I truly think I will NEVER....EVER but a SAMSUNG product again!!!

- Collapse -
I am sooooo dissappointed in Samsung!!

I just got off the phone with a Samsung ECR. The best she could do is ABSOLUETLY NOTHING!!! I am so upset that I can barely type this. She called and left a message with the tech.

She says that I have to wait for the tech to call her back and/or order the panel. I tried so many times to explain to her that yesterday before the repair my tv turned on. After the repair, it made very loud snapping/popping sounds. Up until the second repair my tv turned on. It would be common sense to see that since the tv had no problems powering on before that one of the recently replaced refurbished parts is causing the issue and that those parts need to be ordered as well. At this point no parts have been ordered by Samsung or the tech and I am left to sit here with a tv that has to remain unplugged at my inconvience with no timefrain on parts or repair.

In my home we own 3 Samsung smart phones, 3 Samsung TV's, a Samsung Galaxy Tab and a Samsung 3D home theatre system.
This is the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I will NEVER purchase another Samsung product again Angry based on our experience with Samsung.

for troubleshooting purposes here is my transaction #4008328422

- Collapse -
Things are starting to get better.....

I just got off the phone with the previous ECR rep who has agreed to exchange the tv with the retailer after escalating the case. This time the rep defenitely went above and beyond to help with this debacle of an experience. I should be able to do the exchange sometime next week. The only problem left is that I just contacted the retailer who says they only have 2011 3D TV's. My 4 pairs of 3D glasses are for 2010 TV's and are not compatible.

I was told that once they do the exchange I would have to contact Samsung again to process a refund for my 4 pairs of glasses that could take 13+ days to process, leaving us without glasses for a whileSad

I'll post back when I have more info for other people going through this.

CNET Forums