Resolved Question

My Samsung 3D TV cant play FLV files.

When will Samsung bring out a firmwear upgrade? TV to PC connectivity is common. You Tube files are in this format. It would be good not to have to convert every file just to play on the TV. I love Samsung. I have 2 TVs, Galaxy phone, Galaxy tab, camera and 2 ps screens...just need to close this gap to be perfect Happy

Discussion is locked
TheMinshallFamily has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: My Samsung 3D TV cant play FLV files.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: My Samsung 3D TV cant play FLV files.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Re: TV and Youtube

Doesn"t the TV have a Youtube app to view Youtube?

Kees

- Collapse -
(NT) yes, but this also applies to tv download files,,,thanks
- Collapse -
This is going to get worse not better as Adobe ends Flash.

You can see the end is near. No need for me to tell you.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Re: My Samsung 3D TV cant play FLV files

Hi TheMinshallFamily,

What's the model of TV?

HD Tech

- Collapse -
UA55C8000 LED 3D

Also, it is not just You Tube, I agree there is an app for that, it is also the TV download files?
S

- Collapse -
Re: UA55C8000 LED 3D cant play FLV files

Hi TheMinshallFamily,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know, if you want Samsung support, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for Australia. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So while I can't help you directly, if you want Samsung help, here's the Samsung Australia portal for support on that product: http://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/UA55C8000XFXXY

However, I went through the product manual out of curiosity, and indeed it doesn't support FLVs. I can tell you that this year's models play FLVs in the US. I don't know if this functionality will get passed backwards to previous models.

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
Re: previous models

Now Apple wants us to buy a new iPhone every 2 years or so ($600 at least). And Samsung wouldn't mind at all if people bought a new Samsung phone every 2 years also.

But seeing a TV as a 'outdated after 2 years' is something I yet have to get accustomed to.

Kees

CNET Forums