HolidayBuyer's Guide

Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

My Recent Documents disappeared

by pintree3 / March 24, 2004 1:21 AM PST

"My Recent Documents" link on the start menu has disappeared. I formatted my HD. Added all the new updates from Micrsoft, my antivirus, Tweak UI, MS Word and nothing else yet when I went to the start menu and the My Recent Documents wasn't there. I went to the Properties (right-click on taskbar) and it's not there either. As a matter of fact there is no link or short cut or place to activate it anywhere. But it does exist if I place a search for it. How do I get it back?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My Recent Documents disappeared
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My Recent Documents disappeared
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:My Recent Documents disappeared
by glb613 / March 24, 2004 1:23 AM PST

From the backup copy you made before the format.

Collapse -
Re:My Recent Documents disappeared
by Dan Sprague / March 24, 2004 11:31 AM PST

right click start, properties, start menu, customize,advanced, check the box for "show my most recent documents", then click okay then apply

Collapse -
Reopening the same problem
by albecba / August 19, 2006 7:09 PM PDT

Hi all

I have the very same problem.
I have no option to "list my most recently opened documents" from the start menu options.

Any Ideas?

Cheers
joel

Collapse -
Thanks
by albecba / August 20, 2006 10:16 AM PDT

Thanks heaps

I didn't think TweakUI was any good, but it solved this problem and i got to customise a bunch of stuff that i always wanted to change.

Cheers
Joel

Collapse -
Right click start, go to owner and under My Documents is
by DarCLew2 / August 20, 2006 12:56 AM PDT

a folder listed as Recent and that is My Recent Documents. I usually delete anything in there some you haven't lost anything.It is only a cache of recently things like using CD-ROM, A: drive, putting wordpad on a floppy and that too. If it is missing, right click the one on search, copy and paste it on your desktop, place it on C: and drop it and it will go to that place under My Documents. Darrell Lewis

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.