HolidayBuyer's Guide

Windows Vista forum

Alert

My problem is that my computer turns off by itself always

by hasaaan709 / August 15, 2011 11:33 PM PDT

Hey ! I got a problem my computer turns off by it self after 3-4 minutes when i start it and i can just get into my computer by the safe mode. When it turns off it comes a blue screen with this text.

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAME TO YOUR COMPUTER.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE SEEN THIS STOP ERROR SCREEN RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. IF THIS SCREEN APPEARS AGAIN, FOLOW THESE STEPS:

CHECK TO MAKE SURE ANY NEW HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE IS PROPERLY INSTALLED. IF THIS IS A NEW INSTALLATION, ASK YOUR HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MANUFACTURER FOR ANY WINDOWS UPDATES YOU MIGHT NEED.
IF PROBLEMS CONTINUE, DISABLE OR REMOVE ANY NEWLY INSTALLED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE. DISABLE BIOS MEMORY OPTIONS SUCH AS CACHING OR SHADOWING. IF YOU NEED TO USE SAFE MODE TO REMOVE OR DISABLE COMPONENTS, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER, PRESS F8 TO SELECT ADVANCED STARTUP OPTIONS, AND THEN SELECT SAFE MODE.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION :
*** STOP : 0X0000000A (0X00000004, 0X0000001B, 0X0000000, 0XB1EC8860)

COLLECTING DATA FOR CRASH DUMP....
INITIALIZING DISK FOR CRASH DUMP....
PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP COMPLETE.
CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMIN OR TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE.

This what the blue screen page tells me, i dont know how to solve the problem, i hope you can tell me how to solve the problem when im in safe mode. I hope you can tell me in steps how to solve the problem. my warranty is over so i cant go to the shop to get some help.

My computer is a Packard Bell, windows vista. 8600 GS 512 Mb, 3072 Mb DDR2 , 320 Gb local disk.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My problem is that my computer turns off by itself always
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My problem is that my computer turns off by itself always
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / August 16, 2011 12:27 AM PDT

That particular error can be a little elusive and usually requires a "repair" install or in some cases, a complete format and reinstall of the operating system.. First though, make sure to UNPLUG all USB devices from the computer and see if you can then start into Safe Mode or normal Windows. You might also try testing the RAM sticks by removing all but one of the sticks in the No.1 slot and then start the computer. The error is frequently a hardware or hardware driver issue and if some of the RAM is faulty or if some new hardware was recently installed, removing such might get you going again.. If not, see the link below, read the possible causes, and note the "Solutions" section at the bottom of the page.

http://www.geekswhoknow.com/articles/stop-0x0000000A-0x000000A-irql_not_less_or_equal.htm

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
I didnt understood this
by hasaaan709 / August 16, 2011 2:11 AM PDT
In reply to: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

what do you mean with this : You might also try testing the RAM sticks by removing all but one of the sticks in the No.1 slot and then start the computer. I dont know how to do this, and i dont know what you mean. Please can you be more specifik.

Collapse -
Start By Opening The Computer Case
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / August 16, 2011 6:24 AM PDT

You've not mentioned the model number but whether it's a laptop or desktop, start by removing the cover to the computer casing to gain access to where the RAM(Random Access Memory) modules are placed. Leave one RAM module in the first slot and remove all other modules.. Start the computer. Does it start correctly now.. If not, then remove the RAM module currently in the computer and replace it with one of the other sticks..

Basically, you're testing to see if one of the RAM modules/sticks is bad.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
What will happen if i remove all rams without one of them
by hasaaan709 / September 8, 2011 3:51 AM PDT

What will happen if i remove all rams without one and start my computer and if everything works fine, can i keep it in that way with just one ram ??

Collapse -
Yes, You Can Run With Just One RAM Stick
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / September 12, 2011 4:59 AM PDT

If you are able to determine which one of the RAM modules is bad, leave the good one in place, then purchase a matching module to replace the bad one.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.