HolidayBuyer's Guide

Windows 7 forum

Resolved Question

my pictures not in my picture library

by cooky09 / August 9, 2013 11:26 AM PDT

have unusual questions:
I do not keep my pictures in folders in library of my pictures but in my documents.

I am trying to use live photo gallery and cannot access those pics. Must i have my pictures in the library folder or on my desktop in order to access them?

I cannot figure out what default location is with this software.

is there a user manual or training manual to give me more detailed info so I can figure this out?

cooky09 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: my pictures not in my picture library
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: my pictures not in my picture library
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by cooky09

Collapse -
Here's how
by wpgwpg / August 9, 2013 11:48 AM PDT

Click the little down arrow in the upper left corner of the window and click Include Folder. Now click Add... and you can navigate to the folder having your pictures. It does have help text that you can bring up by pressing the F1 key or clicking the little ? in the upper right corner of the window.
`
Good luck.

Collapse -
my pictures not in library
by cooky09 / August 9, 2013 12:07 PM PDT
In reply to: Here's how

thanks. just learning this software and little confusing.
when selecting 7 pic for an auto collage...is there an order or option to edit the placement of the collaged pics?

wanted to join several pics of same person wearing different glasses and save to a horizontal landscape picture but could not figure out how to do that, if it is possible.

is there a manual I can download to read thru?

Collapse -
The online help is all I know of
by wpgwpg / August 9, 2013 1:02 PM PDT

You could try downloading the free program, Picasa. A lot of folks like it.
`
Good luck.

Collapse -
pics not in library
by cooky09 / August 10, 2013 3:23 AM PDT

thanks for your reply.
I have since discovered there really is no manual tho have found some good help files.

i do not really want to download Picasa as it seems to TAKE OVER
the way pictures are placed in folders on PC....I like to do my own organizing.

is it possible to determine in which order pictures are placed on a page using 7 pics in collage?
I have tried renaming pics, sorting and doing a few collages..pics are in different places
but I cannot determine how that is arrived at.

can one move pics around once collage is created?

Collapse -
There're plenty of pic editors around
by wpgwpg / August 10, 2013 3:29 AM PDT
In reply to: pics not in library

There's a picture editor in the Roxio Suite, MS Office, and there're numerous others around as well. You just need to look around and find one you like. I usually use the Roxio one, but it's not free.

Collapse -
pics not in library
by cooky09 / August 10, 2013 6:21 AM PDT

i do have adobe ps for editing etc.
just wanted to know how much i could do in win photo gallery with the features offered.
thanks for your help and comments.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.