Computer Help forum

General discussion

my pictures

by dorta777 / October 13, 2004 2:09 PM PDT

i am unable to open any of 'my pictures' folders..the following window appears [wiamgrdeviceslenght is null&void]

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: my pictures
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: my pictures
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
More info please.
by Kees Bakker / October 13, 2004 8:00 PM PDT
In reply to: my pictures

'open a folder'
Do you mean in Windows Explorer? Like expanding the tree in the left pane until you see the subfolders in My Pictures, then clicking on such a folder?

Please quote the full and literal text (without typos) of the error message. 'wiamgrdeviceslenght' isn't known to google, so I assume it's something else.

But start with a scandisk to see if that finds any errors in the folder structure and repairs them. If that doesn't help, post again with more info.

Kees

Collapse -
Dorta, Does This Help ?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 14, 2004 1:15 AM PDT

It would sure help if we knew the Operating system that you're using...plus a little more about your computer.

Is this the error you are getting?

An error has occured in the scripts on this page
Line: 103
Char: 13
Error: 'WiaMgr.Devices.Length' is null or not an object
URL: file://C:\WINDOWS\Web\ImgView.htt

Do you wish to continue running scripts on this page?

Does this Microsoft Article fix the issue?

Internet Explorer Script Error Message When You Open the My Pictures Folder

If you don't happen to be using TweakUI, have you tried disabling the "Active Desktop" or renaming the "ImgView.htt" file to something else.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Another Possiblity....
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 14, 2004 1:20 AM PDT

While in Internet Explorer, click on "Tools", choose "INternet Options", select the "Advanced" tab, then CHECK the box that says "Disable Script Debugging". Click on Apply, then OK.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.