Speakeasy forum

General discussion

My phone stopped ringing

by MKay / November 1, 2004 5:08 AM PST

Well now that John Kerry, GWB. Cheney, Edwards. Daryl Waltrip. John Glen,Bill Clinton, Voinovich, Vukovich, Taft and all their friends and poll workers have called me. No one has changed my mind. And besides I voted 2 weeks ago by absentee ballot. Of course I guess these people are just as glad that they can now ignore me again. Andthey will ignore me, you can be sure of that.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My phone stopped ringing
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My phone stopped ringing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: My phone stopped ringing
by Rolway / November 1, 2004 5:38 AM PST

Ha, Ha. First thing that popped in my mind reading this MKay, was this song I have on CD "Ring, Ring That Phone Again" Don't know who the artist is, but it was Cajun Music. Put a sign on your phone RIP. Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Deuce of Hearts, I think.
by Cindi Haynes / November 1, 2004 7:56 AM PST
Collapse -
Re: Deuce of Hearts, I think.
by Rolway / November 1, 2004 8:24 AM PST

Yes. I think you are right Cindi. "Gary & Travis Thibodeaux"...Deuce of Hearts. Occasionally I rip songs off a cajun station down in LA and Convert the wav file to MP3's.

BTW Cindi. Thank you for welcoming me to SE. one year ago today or there abouts.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Well, you're STILL welcome, George! :-)
by Cindi Haynes / November 1, 2004 9:03 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Tanks again If I last another yr I'll send some Roses
by Rolway / November 1, 2004 9:48 AM PST
Collapse -
Yep, MaryKay, I got calls from
by Cindi Haynes / November 1, 2004 7:59 AM PST

Bush, and Dale Ernhardt, Jr., and today in the mail I got a paper on who's Republican in my local MI election. Guess they haven't taken me off the list in MI yet. I also guess the Dems are scared to call me...however, I'm an undeclared voter and have voted Reps and Dems probably about evenly.

I'll be glad when it's over tomorrow. At least I HOPE it 's over tomorrow!

Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email the mods

Collapse -
Re: Yep, MaryKay, I got calls from
by MKay / November 1, 2004 9:33 PM PST

We can only hope, it is over tomorrow. Nothing will surprise me this year. I was just thinking, has four years passed already???

Collapse -
Total Eclipse of the Reason in Florida
by netsky / November 1, 2004 8:30 AM PST

EVERY TV commerical in the local-news time slot was one or another political advertisement

Many preyed on fears. Most but not all of the fear ads are Republican-generated

Kerry earned a few points with a personal ad based entirely on his own platitudes of hope, instead of the Bush campaigns more strident fear-plants.

Bush earned a few points with a personal ad based on his hug of a shell-shocked daughter of a 9-11 victim. The girl's father filled in details about how the Presidential embrace confirmed for him (the dad) that Bush does care deeply for everyone.

Two good ads in an evening of otherwise Total Eclipse of Reason

sort of, that is, in the figurative sense.

HERE on SE I see no new attacks generated by Leftie traitors like myself. I do see a continuation of the grand old party's simplisticate hate attacks on Kerry.

This place is a concentration, a condensation of the worst and best both camps have to offer.

Mostly silence from the mid stream. OR reasoned debate and frayed tempers from the left and middle.

But the most vocal, hard-hitting right? Carrying along in usual form right to the end and probably beyond???? It does appear so.

I have a sense of tranquillity. What will be will be. No voters have been swung one way or the other by this local rhetoric, so far as I can glean.

So---why bother? Why not call a truce on political postings for the meanwhile?

What good is it to kick at water? We only get wet in reply.

Collapse -
by dirtyrich / November 1, 2004 9:05 AM PST

just not in the crotch...

Collapse -
by netsky / November 1, 2004 10:48 AM PST

that's a joke?

Ok, then where is the real humor?

Or is it a telling of the -real you-

I cannot kick a man when he's down. Not any more...

so is it just a joke? I can appreciate a joke if it really is just a joke...

...but what is that joke based upon? A sort of vindictive humor, i think.

I should tell the story of a tiny bully, sometime. I had two bully fights in grade school. Just two.

The first was Eddy T.

another day I'll relive that fight here for you guys to have a laugh over.

a good joke in it.

Collapse -
Re: My phone stopped ringing
by Steven Haninger / November 1, 2004 10:49 AM PST

Mind did not....lots of recorded voices. The "live" ones all asked for my daughter who will be a first time voter but is away in a college dorm. She had three from the Sierra Club alone which is not so terrible but yesterday my doorbell rang. I opened it to find a smiling woman also asking if Kathy (my daughter) was at home. We had a pleasant conversation and I explained that Kathy seemed very much in demand all of a sudden and I did not know how so many had gotten her name, address, and ph#. She pointed to a large button on her shirt that I did not see at first. It said MoveonPAC.....Where did I go wrong! Shocked

Collapse -
Re: Where did I go wrong!
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / November 1, 2004 12:19 PM PST

Hi, Steve.

Maybe you taught her to think and logic for herself? Wink

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?