General discussion

MY PC WOUNT BOOT

Hi I recently installed micron usb recovery software and jus after it finished, I clicked "finish" then my sceen just went blank. I tried to restart it but there was no boot sequence but the power and hard disk led are on. The hard disk led jus freezes,no blinking to show activity. My pc is a generic on with an intel celeron 1.7GHz processor. What should I do to get it up and running?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: MY PC WOUNT BOOT
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MY PC WOUNT BOOT
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Since Windows is not running and there is no BIOS screen.

You could try the old pull the AC plug, wait and then plug it back in and try again advice.

After that you go to google.com and type "THE DEAD PC" to learn about PC REPAIR.
Bob

- Collapse -
MY pc wount boot

I don't think I've done that yet, may be al try it. I also noted that the CPU fan is a bit sluggish, sometimes its rotating, sometimes its not and when I touch the heat sink its very hot. Could this be the cause of it not doint a POST and booting?

- Collapse -
Re: CPU

Very well possible that it's fried. If you buy a new one, be sure to buy a new fan and a tube of heat-paste also.

Kees

- Collapse -
That's actually a good thing.

If some old CPU fan has failed, as the CPU over heats it may not boot.

These machines are just machines and do need repair from time to time. By you posting here I take it that you are going to do this yourself. Heat sink fans, compound and more are out there at shops, newegg.com, and more.
Bob

- Collapse -
My pc

Thank you guys. Bob al be sure to do that

CNET Forums

Forum Info