HolidayBuyer's Guide

Computer Help forum

General discussion

my pc almost fry up, please i beg you please help me please

by sectornine / February 24, 2006 9:34 AM PST

after my HP broke for the final time last year i cried and sobbed and i can never get over the fact that it was all my fault for breaking it, however i soon have a new pc and just when i thought things would be smoth sail from here on i realized iw as dead stop wrong.

last night when i click on "logged out" in the start menu, something unforgiving happened.

the instant i click on "log out" in windows, my screen went blank.

and then...

my pc starts flicking on and off then on and off like mad, i can tell by looking at the power indicator light in front of my pc, in other words:

my pc RAPIDLY....

-turns on

-then off

-then on again

-then off again.

-this on-and-off thing went on 10 times straight non stop, i panicked so i push the power button to turn it off.

i then restart it and my pc butit failed to boot, it didn't beep at me like my old broken HP, but even after i restart it a couple of times, it still fails to boot, nothing but a blank screen and the busy singnal light keeps flashing at me.

i also notice something strange, when i flick the little switch on the back of my pc to turn it completely off, my keyboard still has it's lights on, i don't understand what's happening, i'm really stress right now.

i activate ASUS pc probe and it flashs a warning telling me that my "chasis fan is not spinning or deactivated".
i went on to check all three of the fans and they seem to be working because i can feel the wind coming out of it, although the wind seem abit warm, the cpu, cpu and other fans and everything else is alright.

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/7914/pcdanger1on.jpg

after a few failed boots my pc finally came back to life and it boots up as usual, but i'm so very worried.

so really what's happening to my pc, will my pc be damaged by 10 times of flicking on and off? is my hd damage? is my motherboard damage? vega card? oh i don't know i don't know!;(

plesae help me please i beg you please help me please...

also here's my spec for my new custom builted pc:

pentium 4 2.6ghz

-ASUS P5RD1-VM-UAYZ- motherboard

80gb SATA hitachi HD

1gb ram

liteon dvd rom

liteon dvd 16x rw

focus geforce 6600 256mb

shinro tv card

please, help me, i'm not trying to show off or tell you lies or cause any disorder i just need your help, please help me i don't want to make the same mistake of my old hp to repeat again, please help me, please...;(;(;(

i cried all night long last night, i couldn't sleep, it was just like last year, it was just like last year, my old hp did the same thing the last time it broke, i push the power button while it was booting and it flicks on and off and on and off like mad and it fried the mother board and cpu, i thought my nightmare was over, i was wrong, i was wrong, the same thing is happening again.

everything including my cpu/hardrive/gf6600/motherboard...etc

it's all ruin and badly damage, right?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: my pc almost fry up, please i beg you please help me please
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: my pc almost fry up, please i beg you please help me please
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A solution maybe for on-off-on-off-on-off...
by TammySS / February 24, 2006 10:52 AM PST

Perhaps there is something wrong with the power button itself, maybe it's sticky or something, try taking a look-see at that

Collapse -
Maybe it's really the fan
by lateball / February 25, 2006 1:34 AM PST

I would suggest you to bring your PC to a service center and check the fan. Maybe your PC is shutting down as a protective measure against the heat, but something screwed up and turned on your PC back again, that's why it's getting on and off rapidly. Check the fan and the power supply, also the motherboard if necessary. If you can't do it yourself, contact a technician or bring it to a service center.

I suggest you to do it quickly, fan problems can be nasty and costly for the PC.

Collapse -
A little more info please.
by Ray Harinec / February 25, 2006 3:49 AM PST

Your statement "i also notice something strange, when i flick the little switch on the back of my pc to turn it completely off, my keyboard still has it's lights on, i don't understand what's happening, i'm really stress right now.'' How long did the lights stay on after you turned the power supply off by the switch on the rear??? It is not unusual for it to take a little time for the capacitors to discharge before the lights go completely off.

You didn't tell us what Operating System yopu are using. The log off procedure can vary a little with different op sys.

Possibly you are using Windows XP and after a few reboots it managed to repair itself and things will be fine.

I'm confused on how you checked the fans. Did you open the case and look at each one and check for the airflow and that there are no dust bunnies clogging the fans???

If it is working, why waste money taking it in to a shop???

Collapse -
ok
by sectornine / February 25, 2006 4:37 PM PST

it's windows xp, i've post a picture of of my desktop via link above, you can go check it out, hope it helps.

Collapse -
I looked at it,
by Ray Harinec / February 26, 2006 1:17 AM PST
In reply to: ok

what was the point?? It seems to be nice and working. Thus what more info do you need.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it" that means if it IS working trying things may make your wish come true and it will get brroken. LOL

Collapse -
Just a Suggestion
by colindarby / February 26, 2006 4:50 AM PST

Suggest you take the side cover off your computer to expose the motherboard and Graphics card and then place a room desk cooling fan about 150mm away from the computer and have the cool air blowing on the Motherboard and Graphics Card and if computer performs OK it looks like you have a heat problem??

Collapse -
so...
by sectornine / February 26, 2006 7:35 PM PST

did you guys check out the picture link in my first post? i host it at image shack, it's basically a snap shot of my entire desktop, along with asus proble and the error it's reporting, it also shows cpu spd/tenp/voltage...etc, please take a look and tell me if everything's alright, thanks.

i've been using my pc for many hours and so far everything appears to be alright...i guess, my screen flickers a bit and some times these strange and tiny little "white trangles" appeares on my screen and then disappears.

-i have a geforce 6600 256mb and it has a fan builted in, i wanted to check to see if it's working but i don't want to open my pc case, is there some other way i could do to check my video card's fans?

-is it ok if i leave my pc on for 24 hours straight?

-please take a look at the image of my desktop and the asus probe error. the image link is in my first post, don't worry i host it at imageshack so it's clean, after looking at it can you nice people tell me if there's anything wrong?

thanks again for all your help.

thanks for all your help!

Collapse -
please help
by sectornine / March 8, 2006 10:36 AM PST

yesterday was abit cold so i push the power button while my hands were shaking badly, and since the power button for my pc is very 'sensitive', the moment i pushed it once it flicks on, then off then on again, very similer to what happen last time only it was less worst, so did i damage my pc again? was it my fault?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) What Makes You Think It's Damaged?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / March 8, 2006 12:14 PM PST
In reply to: please help
Collapse -
look, don't mistaken me.
by sectornine / March 15, 2006 10:44 AM PST

well, imangine a pc turning on and off RAPIDLY for 10 TIMES NON STOP within 8 seconds, anyone would think it's damage.

it's normal for someone like me to worried about accidents like tese, after all i did recently purchased my new pc and i'll have to make a decision weather or not i should take it to the repair shop and pay an expensive fee just to have it checked up, minus the risk i'll have to take such as the repair shop actually "stealing" the brand new parts you have and replacing it with same but much older junk, like i said it's hong konk we're talking about, nobody's gonna do me any justice as i don't have proof.

that is why i despretely need to know the current status of my pc after it restarts 10 times rapidly within 8 sec as well as ease my worries.

it's not united states here, custom builted pcs don't come with ANY warrenty plus the fact that mine is builted by a 17 year old who works at a pc builting shop, that's why i was so worried(and still is) since theres no garrentie that my pc would not break down within the next hour or day and so on... by asking about the damage my pc has sustain here in this forum could save me alot of time and money, enabling me to make the right decision on repairing my pc or not, and i surly hope i didn't make anyone angry.

Collapse -
a very sad story
by sectornine / March 15, 2006 11:13 AM PST

the fact is my pc actually...

FAILED TO BOOT.

after the crazy restarts, basically after the accident i turn my pc on and all i see is a blank screen, and my pc beeping at me, i turn my pc off and turn it on again; same thing happen...

FOR THAT MOMENT.

I was sure my pc was dead, i cried and cried, my old HP died in EXACTLY THE SAME FASHION, i was heartbroken as i blame myself for not being careful, even though i don't know what mistake i made.

BUT LUCKILY.

my pc came back to life and was successful in booting up windows, after that, i swear upon the tears and my old HP that i'll do my best to protect my new pc and safeguard it no matter what.

my old hp broke for a total of 8 times, the HD would failed or the cd writer would malfunction or the video card mulfunction or the WHOLE THING JUST WON"T WORK, and since i bought it in canada, i was able to bring it back to the store to get it repaired, each time it broke the store would give me new parts since they weren't able to fix the old ones, i actually got a new HPs after the store claim that it was beyond repair, but after that it still broke and it was a very very sad day indeed, i didn't went to work or school, i slept and slept and cried and cried...dispite the fact that i did my very best to protect my pc and taking extreme care when using it(i didn't even make so much as a scrach on old HP and never hit it with anything)

i hope some of you will understand my pain and why i worried so much about my new pc, the nightmare has happen twice and i'm going to break down if it happens again, i just don't want anything bad to happen to it...T_T

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.