The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

My new computer arrived today!

by SantiagoCrespo / July 3, 2006 8:32 AM PDT

It's so fricking awesome to get new stuff. The only bummer is that I won't be able to touch it for another month.
take a look at the arrival here (flickr)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My new computer arrived today!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My new computer arrived today!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Why can't you touch it for another month?
by JoshHendo / July 3, 2006 12:52 PM PDT
Collapse -
Nice
by audiblegirl / July 3, 2006 2:09 PM PDT

Very "Buzzy"..Lol.. I really can not wait until I am able to get a laptop/notebook. I am holding off until atleast next summer before I go to college so I get the most BANG or "Buzz" for my buck, also by than Microsoft should be done pushing back Vista and Goggle will begin its second round of Beta testings.

Collapse -
Well, because
by SantiagoCrespo / July 3, 2006 11:09 PM PDT

I'm in Argentina, and the computer just arrived in frickin' Plano, Texas, at my father's house. And he will get it for me here on July 30th.

Collapse -
Ah! Plano TX
by cardsbb9 / July 4, 2006 1:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Well, because

I have lived in that area (DFW) twice.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Last time I went I got to see Lance Armstrong ride by.
by SantiagoCrespo / July 4, 2006 1:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Ah! Plano TX
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Ah! The Pharmacy
by csliva11 / July 4, 2006 2:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Ah! Plano TX
Collapse -
Sweet!
by mattmoris / July 3, 2006 2:57 PM PDT

I'll be getting a new computer soon too. I'm excited already even though I'm not getting it till the week before school starts. I've been looking at laptops this week and will most likely go with the Dell XPS M1210.

Collapse -
Under 5 lbs - it is good to keep it light
by cardsbb9 / July 3, 2006 4:15 PM PDT
In reply to: Sweet!

However it looks a little 'chunky' (thick).

The Sony SZ is light and sleek at the same time.

Collapse -
Yep
by mattmoris / July 3, 2006 8:49 PM PDT

Yep, I've looked at both. But the Sony is way out of my budget. I can get the Dell with the configuration I want (1.66ghz duo, 1GB RAM, 7200rpm drive, dvd burner, 9-cell battery, 3 year warranty) for $1500 CAD with taxes and shipping.

Collapse -
I looked at a bunch of options
by SantiagoCrespo / July 3, 2006 11:12 PM PDT

But the Sony and Toshiba ones were WAY out of my price range. plus I just had to throw 120 dollars for a new HDD for the old one, plus 51 bucks for a new battery, that way I increase the resale price.

Collapse -
You know..
by audiblegirl / July 4, 2006 2:46 AM PDT

I would love to get a laptop/notebook with that new 300 GHz chip. But I think it is a few thousands and thousands of dollars out my price range.. But I can sure dream it :-D

Collapse -
yeah, sure
by SantiagoCrespo / July 4, 2006 3:01 AM PDT
In reply to: You know..

it comes with its own liquid nitrogen backpack-sized tank to cool it Silly

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?