General discussion

My mea culpa

In a recent post I had a link to a much dejected looking Cindy Sheehan and some may have gotten the WRONG impression that her book signing was not a success. I do utterly and completely apologize for the great distortion of the truth.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001572310
Please set your sarcasm filter to maximum

100 books, only 100 more than I sold last week.
Amazing what some consider ?success?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: My mea culpa
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: My mea culpa
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
she prob bought all herself

and she can autograph them

- Collapse -
More than 100 would show up ...

... in the summer TX heat to read a book by Barney Happy

Evie Happy

- Collapse -
Do you have any evidence, any at all

to support such a hateful accusation?

Dan

- Collapse -
How is that hatefiul?

Do you think authors or publishers never buy up their books to inflate sales numbers?? It happens all the time.

- Collapse -
Do you have any evidence

that it occurred here? Any?

Dan

- Collapse -
Earth to Dan...

I don't claim it did. Only that there's nothing hateful about speculating that it might have.

- Collapse -
well when you have a hatefull mind you tend

to think everythings hatefull huh dan

- Collapse -
Such speculation, in general, is not, but

specific instances of it can be and are.

Dan

- Collapse -
Suuure, Dan.

You're blowing smoke.

- Collapse -
Selling 100% of her supply sounds like....

...a success to me.

But in a statement today, Sheehan accused ?right-wing? sites of ?spreading a false story that nobody bought my book at Camp Casey on Saturday. That is not true, I sold all 100 copies and got writer's cramp signing them. Photos were taken of me before the people got in line to have me sign the book. We made $2000 for the peace house.?

The way I read that, she only brought 100 copies with her and sold all of them. In most business circles that would indicate that the sale was a success.

- Collapse -
Yeah; if she had brought only 10,,,

or 1....?

C'mon, Josh. It's pathetic. Do you have your copy?

Anyway, who cares about her? She's had her 15 minutes and more.

- Collapse -
Apparently you guys care a lot

Every thread about her has been started by one of you, mostly Mark.

- Collapse -
So what?

Doesn't prove anything beyond the fact that we follow the news.

- Collapse -
So you guys are constantly posting about her.....

....because you couldn't care less about her?

Sure, if you say so.

- Collapse -
Okay, you can have the last word...

if that's what you want.

Jeeez!

- Collapse -
and since you mentioned my name

i guess you envy me hmmm

- Collapse -
Josh didn't even mention the word "envy"!

However, I am sure you have qualities that most of us would envy and so do we that you would. We're all very special Mark.

- Collapse -
Only if all the posts in which you mention my name....

....mean you envy me, Mark.

Cool

- Collapse -
josh you would do good to save your copy

it will go good along side band aid kerrys service records.
wait he hasnt released them yetGrin
you work for us remember

- Collapse -
Jeeez Louise!

Kerry must be a heavy duty thorn in your side Mark. He appears in more of your posts than he does on a search at google!

- Collapse -
well as i despise liars and cowards

as some here think hes a good man, same people think bill Clinton's an Honorable man, just because he lied to congress and committed adultery isn't a bad moralistic man to idolize.

- Collapse -
Do you think that's why?

"same people think bill Clinton's an Honorable man, just because he lied to congress and committed adultery"

Do you really think that's why some people like Bill Clinton? Otherwise, why would you even go there? Your hate is getting worse every day. Please just try to be a little more humble and try, just try to see things from more than your own perspective becuase your glasses have the stars and stripes all over them and that is NOT the way to look at the world or even the USA.

- Collapse -
lol

and do the facts that he lied make him "your kind of honerable person"
and as to the stripes your dammed right im proud of my country.
good people died for it and more will die for it.
and what you see as hate is your low self esteem.
i can look myself in the mirror and not be ashamed.

- Collapse -
He released them, Mark

And you well know it.

- Collapse -
not his war records josh

he still hasnt released them he knows whats in them and thats why hes not released them

- Collapse -
Bush and Cheney have great war records.......

....by the Andrews Sisters.

Devil

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) OUCH!
- Collapse -
Way to duck the fact...

that Kerry used a sneaky trick to make it look like he relased his records (under duress) while not really releasing the ones that count.

And some people fell for it!

- Collapse -
and you cant say the same or was cub scouts

all you did?

- Collapse -
This AGAIN, Mark???

You know the answer to this one too, as I've told you at least four times now. Either you have a very bad memory or you're deliberately ignoring the facts in order to continue to lob insults.

CNET Forums

Forum Info