Question

My Liberal Computer

I have Windows XP sp3 with IE7. The only thing wrong with it is that my Fox News icon on the link bar in IE7 keeps losing it's link and won't work. I have to bring up Fox and redrag it to the link bar. Does that sound like a virus? It only happens to that one. Why won't it stay? I've had it a long time and just recently it stopped working.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: My Liberal Computer
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: My Liberal Computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Do you really want help with that

or just want to stir the pot? Happy First off, I use Firefox and not IE. I'd wonder what happens when you just add it to your bookmarks...or "favorites" rather than that bar. Does it get lost as a favorite too? Make sure you just link to the simple url. Also make sure you aren't flushing your browsing history upon exit. I'll guess there's some tool setting that's causing this. You'll also be better off posting this in the browser forums. When you use the terms "liberal" or "conservative" here, all you'll get is grief. Good luck.

- Collapse -
Just happened Again!

After I put a new link on my bar and deleted the bad one. It says "the target of this Internet Shortcut is not valid". Well it's only this one link so I don't know if I want to pursue technical help with it. Just seems strange my one link with a quasi(?) political connection, lol.

- Collapse -
My guess is that the link isn't to the news site home page

but to something that changes frequently like a specific article. Can you make the thing manually? I believe it may be something like www.foxnews.com

- Collapse -
(NT) Yep, that's the one I use
- Collapse -
Instead of dragging the link

try this....go the the home page of www.foxnews.com and then Add To Favorites...choose Favorites Bar or Links Bar (IE8 calls it a Favorites Bar but it's the old Links). It should show up either at the top (first in line) spot or it will be at the very end. If you spot it at the end, then you can right click, change name to something short like FOX, and then you can take your left mouse button and drag it to where you want it positioned in that bar.

CNET Forums