Speakeasy forum

General discussion

My husband and I are truly "Blessed" :)

by shaner7575 / February 24, 2006 6:09 AM PST

I don't want this to sound like "bragging", but I just had to share this...
My son, a junior in high school, has always made us "proud" by his academic accomplishments from elementary to present, but his latest recognition outshines them all!
Luke was nominated by two of his teachers, for being a model student, and a great example of a "good kid". He received a Cerficate of Recognition, which states why the teachers nominated him; "He is polite and respectful; He treats others with respect and is always helpful; He has a sincere desire to learn, and is willing to help other students in the class." The Board of Education also presented him with an "Excellence Award" for his personal commitment, dedication and performance.

Three other students, each representing their class, were also recogized for "Being great kids".

Good grades are important in life, but "respecting and willing to help others" is a necessity!

Thank you for letting me share.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My husband and I are truly "Blessed" :)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My husband and I are truly "Blessed" :)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'd say you have every right to be proud and
by Steven Haninger / February 24, 2006 6:35 AM PST

don't forget to give yourselves just a little pat on the back too. Wink

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks!! I patted his, and he patted mine!
by shaner7575 / February 24, 2006 7:01 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Congrats to him and to ya'll, a joint effort success
by Roger NC / February 24, 2006 9:02 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks, Roger
by shaner7575 / February 24, 2006 9:29 PM PST
Collapse -
Good Children are truly
by Glenda / February 24, 2006 9:40 AM PST

a Blessing, Congratulations to him Happy You have a reason to be proud:)

Collapse -
Thanks, and by all your posts about your Grandbabies, and
by shaner7575 / February 24, 2006 9:45 PM PST

GGC, I'm looking forward to Luke provided us with maybe a half a dozen of them. (In the distant future, of course.)
Believe me, Luke is a very onry child, and he will be "paid back" severely!! Hee Hee

Collapse -
Pay backs are the best of all:)
by Glenda / February 25, 2006 1:38 AM PST

And to watch my daughters with their Grandchildren is well worth all the years of raising them! hehehehe I think each generation just adds some of what went on before Devil

Collapse -
The sins of the fathers and mothers?
by Kiddpeat / February 25, 2006 5:43 AM PST
Collapse -
by Glenda / February 25, 2006 5:55 AM PST

Collapse -
Kudos to him! Kudos to his parents!
by MarciaB / February 25, 2006 12:35 AM PST

It is wonderful to hear about the accomplishments of the young'uns in all our lives. Be it a ''first'' for a very small one, or an award or recognition of an older one.

Believe me, I have shared a ton of ''brags'' here in SE! My oldest used to just act totally disgusted with the whole thing when I would tell him about my posting something here, then later he would sneak in a ''So, has anyone responded to your ridiculous post about me?'' LOL Grin

The teenagers (especially boys) like to pretend they want no attention for their accomplishments, but they are just like the youngsters and the oldsters (me, for example Wink ), it feels good to get the strokes.

I am proud of your boy, and proud of both you and your hubby. ''Polite'' ''Respectful'' ''Commitment'' ''Dedication'' ''Performance'' You are so correct about the importance of what he was recognized for (and the other students). I have known A LOT of ''book smart'' folks that had absolutely NO ''people skills'' at all. I don't care how much you know or how high you have scored on some kind of test, if you are a jerk ..... well, your life in the long run might just be pretty lonely.

Again, I say KUDOS to you all. Keep up the good work!

Collapse -
Thank you Marcia for such kind words.
by shaner7575 / February 25, 2006 2:17 AM PST

We've always stressed to our son the importance of treating others with respect even during times when he'd rather treat them otherwise. We told him he would benefit in the end, and he's come to realize some of those benefits. Helping someone else achieve a passing grade or even to help them understand some concepts that just don't click, is sometimes more rewarding than receiving the A yourself. He's come to realize that!

I admire you Marcia for the mother you are! I've come to "know" you through reading your posts, and have shed many tears on you tragic loss of your Wonderful Son. I can't imagine the loss. But you have made me count my "Blessing" and appreciate my son so much more, and I thank you!

Thanks again, and God Bless!

P.S. I wished I had your "smilies".

Collapse -
Thanks for the sharing..... He's the kind
by John Robie / February 25, 2006 2:34 AM PST

of guy we need more of here in SE, "polite and respectful; He treats others with respect....".

Collapse -
Just like me ..........
by MarciaB / February 25, 2006 2:49 AM PST

...... and you. Right, JR? Wink

I think the whole world could use lots more like us!

Collapse -
I recall you
by John Robie / February 25, 2006 3:31 AM PST

posting similar about your son, before and after the terrible accident, he being among other things, ''polite and respectful''.

Me, well, with some I have little respect for their treatment of others, but do not wish to discuss that in Shaner's nice thread.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You're welcome, and I know what you mean
by shaner7575 / February 25, 2006 9:32 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) WTG Luke :)
by lylesg / February 25, 2006 9:23 AM PST
Collapse -
by Angeline Booher / February 26, 2006 11:52 PM PST

It's always great to hear such special news! You have every right to be proud of your progeny!

Raising children is just about the hardest, most challenging job there is! Luke has shown through his accomplishments that you and your husband did it well. In addition to his academic achievements, he is well liked by his peers, as well.

I wish Luke continuing success in the coming years. He has built the foundation for a very productive one!

Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email

Collapse -
Thank you, Angeline
by shaner7575 / February 27, 2006 12:30 AM PST
In reply to: Bravo!

for your kind words!
Luke wants to pursue Law Enforcement, and would like to move up the ladder to FBI. I think my headaches are just beginning, LOL.
He also loves playing his guitars, and writing lyrics, in his spare time, as well as trying to break the sound barrior with his amps!

Believe me, I thank God daily for giving me the greatest gift I could possibly ask for!

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?