Laptops forum

My HP saying "plugged in,not charging"

by RezaBD1 / December 21, 2012 5:22 PM PST

when it charge 60% or above it saying "plugged in,not charging".

it is HP pavilion g4 and 1 year over.

any one please help me?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My HP saying "plugged in,not charging"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My HP saying "plugged in,not charging"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Not really
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 22, 2012 12:57 AM PST

There is some advice but a battery if used daily will wear out since it's only a 300 cycle unit. There are other issues such as noted in the sticky post at the top of this forum so I won't duplicate that.

And you have connection issues that you send it in for repair.

Collapse -
Clarification Request
my lenovo ideapad u460 ,battery plugged in not charging
by srikumara03 / January 15, 2013 5:03 AM PST

say 99% plugged is not charging
wht I can do pls give tips

Collapse -
It's at 99% Why should it charge?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 15, 2013 5:24 AM PST

My current laptop is set on battery saver mode which let's it hover around the 80% mark. If it goes to 79% it does not start charging. Good way to cut back on charge cycles.

All Answers

Collapse -
Not charging
by pgc3 / December 21, 2012 10:53 PM PST

Chances are it is one of two things, the charger/ac adapter or the battery. You can check the output of the charger/adapter with a volt meter, or take it to a shop, even radio shack to have it tested. If the adapter is putting out the proper charging current, chances are the battery has gone South. But....there is another thing that is fairly common with laptops, the input at the laptop itself, which of course is tied physically to the motherboard, a broken connection there can create a no charge situation and that, for most, is usually a shop job. First things first, check the output of the adapter.

Collapse -
Worked for me!
by massillonmarine / February 17, 2013 1:04 AM PST

After going through all the instructions on many different sites, it wound up being a simple fix. After trying absolutely every install and reinstall and battery issue, it was fixed by simply moving the plug the other way from where it was normally sitting and it started charging right away. The female outlet to the ac adapter was worn. it's a little tedious, but it works. Not sure if I'll get the outlet fixed or not, but I'm back in business!

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?