HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

My homily for today, Sunday 18, May.

by Rob_Boyter / May 18, 2014 1:34 AM PDT

'When Jesus said, "My Father's house has many mansions" you will note that He said nothing about it having any closets, so let us all emerge from them with the love He would wish.'

Rob

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My homily for today, Sunday 18, May.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My homily for today, Sunday 18, May.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Don't think they had closets back then. ;-)
by Diana Forum moderator / May 18, 2014 3:22 AM PDT
Collapse -
Sure they did Diana..
by itsdigger / May 18, 2014 3:34 AM PDT

Matthew 6:6

King James Bible
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Digger

Collapse -
that's because
by James Denison / May 18, 2014 5:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Sure they did Diana..

their closets were empty to begin with, and they brought something good into it, instead of letting something bad out of it. Wink

Collapse -
I would tend to agree.
by Diana Forum moderator / May 18, 2014 8:37 AM PDT
In reply to: that's because

Nobody is going to be able to get into my closet and close the door. Wink

Diana

Collapse -
Is it anything like this one?
by Steven Haninger / May 18, 2014 8:40 AM PDT
In reply to: I would tend to agree.
Collapse -
Not quite
by Diana Forum moderator / May 18, 2014 8:58 AM PDT

But there are shelves up top and at the bottom and clothes on hangers and they aren't very deep.

Diana

Collapse -
Ah, yes Digger, but what a closet meant then was an interior
by Rob_Boyter / May 22, 2014 11:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Sure they did Diana..

room with a door to it, not a small room where things are put so as not to be seen. Hence the phrase, "The Cabinet of the United States has been closetted for more than 3 hours trying to work out a solution to the dreadful state of the Veterans Administration. Owing to the lengthy wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the demands on the VA have increased by a total of 50% while the staffing has increased by a mere 6% since 2000."

Those statistics are correct incidentally as of today.

Rob

Collapse -
it's sad but true
by itsdigger / May 22, 2014 12:14 PM PDT

I know guy's that go to Hines VA Hospital here and they complain about the wait time and such , they're also amazed how busy it is .
Let's hope it gets fixed soon.

Digger

Collapse -
You're right but there's more to the context of the passage

It would mean a private room or chamber to which one could retreat. It could be a bedroom, a study, etc., but the definition of the term doesn't really matter. The lesson was one of sincerity...that one's open display wasn't as important as what they did when no one was watching.

Collapse -
and before someone jumps on me

it was purposed for removing all distractions...like your cell phone. Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.