Auto Repair - Roadshow forum

General discussion

My HID conversion kit doesnt work?

by junbei0923 / August 4, 2006 2:18 PM PDT

Hey guys,

I bought a kit (H4 5000k Helios Low beam) for my new 2006 Suzuki Aerio SX. The car uses HB2 bulbs which are compatible with H4s. I installed all the components and it was definitely fool proof except when I tried to test it, nothing happened. I was stunned because everything was completely connected and directions were followed thoroughly. Anyways, I took a look at my car plug to the headlight bulb and it had 3 wires: red, white, red/white. The H4 kit plug only had 2 wires: red, black and theres an empty plug slot. The plugs do align perfectly and match except the car has 3 wires while the HID kit only has 2. I asked the guy who sold it to me and he told me to check my car plug to see which wires were negative and positive. Even with that, I don't know what's wrong. On my car's forum board, there are plenty of people with the same car as mine who have H4 HID kits converted with no problems at all. And on top of that, my signal lights started blinking really fast. It's a problem too because it almost like a strobe light. Please, can anyone shed some light on this? I was really excited about this but now I feel just depressed. Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My HID conversion kit doesnt work?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My HID conversion kit doesnt work?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You have a single "element" bulb in your HID system.
by Katmandoitall / February 2, 2007 3:17 PM PST

You want a "bi" Xenon system for HI & LO headlight configurations. These cost twice the amount; but have HID on both Hi & Lo beams. The BI type HID lights utilize all three wires.

Collapse -
Bixenon H4 needed
by simplexveritas / June 21, 2007 3:28 PM PDT

Hi,

To further answer your question, you'll want a bi-xenon solenoid based HID bulbs. I've seen some of the dual filaments, and I don't think that's the route you want to take. You can find a solenoid based bulb off a site like www.neverburnout.com or even off ebay. benefit of going with companies like NBO is you get a longer warranty and customer service. But to each his own!

Daniel

Collapse -
H4 single beam HIDs
by seattlesc / June 27, 2007 5:29 PM PDT

I was doing an install for a buddy of mine with an H4 Bi-Xenon kit and he ordered from Never Burn Out. He was having the exact same problem as yours and it turns out that the wires were hooked up incorrectly. Some car manufacturers reverse leads - we wouldn't have known if the guys over at Never Burn Out hadn't told us to try it. In fact they went as far as sending us some schematics for his specific vehicle! If I were you I'd try identifying the ground/low/high signal wires and then wiring the HIDs to the ground/low leads.

Collapse -
verd
by simplexveritas / June 27, 2007 5:33 PM PDT
In reply to: H4 single beam HIDs
Collapse -
Car electroincs China manufacturer
by car electronics / October 19, 2007 4:20 PM PDT

Good day Sir,

If you are in need of car electronics, we car offer you as below:

1. Products range of Hid xenon kits, gps navigators,car GSM alarm System,parking sensors,etc.
2. Various of items with high quality and competitive price.
3. We can support you with ODM and OEM service.
4. We guarantee you an excellent, trouble-free, and satisfying auto
parts buying experience.

Best Regards
David Lau
---------------------------------------------------
Guangzhou Liancheng Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
Add: Room 601 Building 3, No.56 of ShuiYin Road,
YueXiu District Guangzhou Guangdong China.
Tel: 86 020 37621958 ext126
Fax: 86 020 37667966
Mobile: 86 020 13539976980
Email: lchid126@lchid.com
Msn: lchid126@hotmail.com

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?