General discussion

My Hard Drive space Vanishes!!

I have an HP with 32 bit Vista, 4 GB Ram and 250GB Hard Drive. everytime I restart the Computer I have 79.2 GB free in my hard drive and after 2-3 hours without copying anything, it becomes full and everything including my Mccafe stopes running.
and when I restart it comes back to 79 GB and the hard drive works vigorously to fill it up again.
is it a virus? something wrong with the hard drive, or some update from windows has made this?
any Help?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: My Hard Drive space Vanishes!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: My Hard Drive space Vanishes!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Actually this was noted before when

There were overlapping protection software and we have to go find it. I think the combo was Zone Alarm and Mcafee but you didn't note ZA.

- Collapse -
I do not have zone alarm

I do live in canada, and macafee comes with my rogers high speed internet. it might be an update from macafee that causes this problem.
please let me know what should I look for, or what applications to disable, to make it stop.

cheers Pooya

- Collapse -
Sorry no.

You'll have to list it all. The combinations and what titles people install could have me type in hundreds of software titles and I may still miss it.
Bob

CNET Forums