Praise

My Google Tune for Les Paul Day.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: My Google Tune for Les Paul Day.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: My Google Tune for Les Paul Day.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
No whammy bar?

Nice link, James !

- Collapse -
Charlie Christian, and Elmore Leonard were playing electric

guitar before Les Paul had dropped the last syllable of his name. And Leo Fender had his patent earlier than Mr. Paul. Now he was a very good guitar player, and a wonderful tinkerer with electronics, but lets not get all wrapped around one tree in the middle of a forest of geniuses, large and small.

I have to say that the fact that Les Paul hand wound the coils for Eric Clapton's guitars is a touching story, but I'd have been much happier if he'd passed the Selmer Maccaferri guitar along to me as someone who could appreciate it and pay it due homage.

Rob

- Collapse -
just have some fun with it

It's only there for a day.

- Collapse -
Did you notice?

The 4 strings on the far right will play "Taps".

- Collapse -
I'm not that good on it, but my youngest
- Collapse -
That's more than I can do

I've actually got a fairly decent Gretsch acoustic guitar that I bought at auction. It sits as more an ornament than a musical instrument now. But Taps is just 4 notes and I had to wonder if these were placed there deliberately.

- Collapse -
(NT) Because Paul is dead? Possibly.
- Collapse -
I just discovered something

I tried using some keys on that google page and it plays the guitar. The numbers , Q, A, Z lines of characters will do the notes in ascending order. I suppose that would make it easier to compose a tune than using the mouse. The drawback is a small time delay between hitting a key and hearing the sound.

- Collapse -
You're right...didn't try that

And you can do chords too...

- Collapse -
Also, if you hold down the key and then release the

the note plays on the upstroke but won't do a hammer on/pull off.

- Collapse -
Have you guys looked over this thread?

Google is taking over our minds. Laugh

- Collapse -
And I just made a post in a thread about people

with nothing to do? Looks like I'm among them. Wink

- Collapse -
Gotcha! Good thing I didn't take the time

to read any of this. Happy

CNET Forums