Just a reminder.
The flash capacitor contains "high voltage".
That is why it takes several seconds to charge the capacitor.
High enough to act as a small stun-gun and high enough to fry most components on the circuit board.
Im looking for some troubleshooting diagnosis tips or even some general outlook of a typical digital camera diagnosis.
I have a finepix f45 model that had a sticky lense motor which gave me an error of not being able to focus. When I initially took the camera apart I was able to resolve the problem, I confirmed it by attaching all connections and powering on the camera and was able to take a picture.
Here is where i need help with: After i confirmed that the camera was operational I started assembling the camera back together. Since the flash capacitor wasn't emptied i experienced a brief shock and ever sine then I wasn't able to power the camera back on. I was shocked by the capacitor after i placed a metal grounding plate across the circuit board and attached two grounding screws trough the plate and onto the circuit board.
Based on what I briefly described above can anybody give me a diagnosis of what could have been damaged on the circuit board? I verified the battery being operational and that the power button was receiving power. Could there be a surge fuse that acts as a failsafe against electrical shock integrated in one of the chip sets on the circuit board? Someone please recommend what to look into, I am somewhat familiar with electronics and terminology but I would appreciate if someone could guide me trough the diagnostics. Thanks.