General discussion

My fujifilm finepix F45 wont power up after repair

Im looking for some troubleshooting diagnosis tips or even some general outlook of a typical digital camera diagnosis.

I have a finepix f45 model that had a sticky lense motor which gave me an error of not being able to focus. When I initially took the camera apart I was able to resolve the problem, I confirmed it by attaching all connections and powering on the camera and was able to take a picture.

Here is where i need help with: After i confirmed that the camera was operational I started assembling the camera back together. Since the flash capacitor wasn't emptied i experienced a brief shock and ever sine then I wasn't able to power the camera back on. I was shocked by the capacitor after i placed a metal grounding plate across the circuit board and attached two grounding screws trough the plate and onto the circuit board.

Based on what I briefly described above can anybody give me a diagnosis of what could have been damaged on the circuit board? I verified the battery being operational and that the power button was receiving power. Could there be a surge fuse that acts as a failsafe against electrical shock integrated in one of the chip sets on the circuit board? Someone please recommend what to look into, I am somewhat familiar with electronics and terminology but I would appreciate if someone could guide me trough the diagnostics. Thanks.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: My fujifilm finepix F45 wont power up after repair
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: My fujifilm finepix F45 wont power up after repair
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Flash Capacitor

Just a reminder.

The flash capacitor contains "high voltage".

That is why it takes several seconds to charge the capacitor.

How high?
High enough to act as a small stun-gun and high enough to fry most components on the circuit board.

- Collapse -
Surge

Yea, I know that, I discharged it but it still had enough juice to shock me a little, any idea what could have been fried?

- Collapse -
(NT) I also have a f45fd. I get a error message and it wont focus
- Collapse -
fuji f45 wont focus

I too have this camera. I get a red ! and it wont focus. How did you fix yours. I need help please
Keith

CNET Forums

Forum Info