Question

My Epson XP-300 printer suddenly printing blanks

So weird.

I have been printing up some recipes. Printer had been working great since we got it a year ago. Suddenly I only get blank pages when I try to print.

Cleaned the nozzles, heads under "maintenance", and was finally able to print a "test print". It worked great. I also "reset to default" settings.

However, trying to print up another recipe, and get a blank page again. To double-check if it was the recipe, or the stie it was from, tried to print something else from my inbox.

Still a blank page.

Very frustrated, and would so appreciate your help.

Hope this is the right place for this question. I did not see where to put a question for a printer. I am a newbie here.

Thanks much.

Phyl

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: My Epson XP-300 printer suddenly printing blanks
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: My Epson XP-300 printer suddenly printing blanks
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Duplicate post.

I deleted your second post Phyl. Please continue here.

Dafydd.

- Collapse -
Answer

Have you tried to update the driver for the printer?

- Collapse -

I have updated the drivers. Was thinking of uninstalling, then re-installing. Then suddenly was able to get a couple tries with some colored ink, but no black ink. I was going to go and buy a new cartridge of black this morning, but there is supposedly some black ink in the cartridge.

The reason I had thought it was not out of black ink, was the last few pages I had printed showed no sign of fading ink level.

I am thinking I should just get another cartridge, and if that is not what it needs, I will uninstall and re-install it.

Thanks all of you for the help.

Phyl

- Collapse -
Answer

Or have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the printer?

- Collapse -
Update...My Epson XP-300 printer suddenly printing blanks

It is only the black ink apparently that will not print. I purchased a new cartridge of it this morning. It was low, but not empty. It should have printed. Something is wrong with the black ink printing, and I have no idea what to do now.

I can get the other colors. Would uninstalling and re-installing really help that? It sounds more mechanical than software.

Really could use help. I have big car repair bills this month, and cannot afford to fix this printer right now.

Thanks, Phyl

- Collapse -
Re: printer

Having a printer fixed most often is more expensive than buying a new one. Can you afford a new one?

Kees

- Collapse -
Answer
It's called

"running out of ink"

- Collapse -
(NT) or "clogged print head".
- Collapse -

Yeah apparently it is running out of ink. The ink levels when shown appear to have some left in each cartridge, though not much.

I purchased a new black ink cartridge today, all I could swing with large car repair bill.

Came home, replaced it, and now it won't let me print because red, blue, and yellow are out. I almost never used them, how could they be out.

So, my trip was in vain, as it will not let me print my papers on black ink only. This is such a frustrating hassle.

Any suggestions so appreciated.

Thanks, Phyl

- Collapse -
It's a common complaint.

Because jets can clog and complaints roll in if folk try to print, well, the industry changed to require ink in all carts. Again, all this has been hashed over so I must be short. Every power up the printer must use some ink to clear the jets. There is no zero use of any color.

If you wanted black and white, the winner has always been the laser printer. My son didn't believe me to estimate printing at one dollar a page. Until they moved out.
Bob

- Collapse -

I think you solved it. Now, suddenly, it is coming up with a warning I have to buy the other ink colors to continue.

I cannot afford a new one, and will have to buy three more cartridges. It is hard for me right now, as have a lot of expensive car repairs going on right now.

I will buy the 3 other cartridges. You are saying exactly what an old friend told me last night on the phone.

I am thinking from now on, I will do the maintaining with "clean the heads" and "check the nozzles" once a week, so the ink doesn't get clogged etc.

It is my son's printer,so I need to get this fixed.

Why on earth do they do that, and not allow you an option to print all black. Our old HP did. Guess it is all about the money.

Thanks for confirming what my friend told me last night. Helps a lot.

Phyl

Thanks so much for confimring

- Collapse -
Once a week clean the heads sounds too often.

I think the Canon mx870 which fellow moderators here recommended to me, does this automatically and I have never done it manually since it was purchased May 2010. That's 4 years old so thanks to the other mods for that.

But weekly? Wow, you may be using up the ink much faster than most.
Bob

- Collapse -
remove the color cartridge

see if it will print then. If not, change printer settings to grey scale, or black and white, try again.

- Collapse -

I was wondering about that. I will see if it will let me do that. It keeps demainding I get new cartridges, as they others have emptied or dried up.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just bought a new black cartridge, and will have to wait till November to buy three more.

Thanks for the idea.

phyl

- Collapse -
Answer

Thanks everyone for the help.

I was able to buy four new cartridges finally, and got them in. Now it prints.

Boy, Laser printers are the way to go. This has been insane.

I also see where it is suggested to set it to black/grey also.

I don't print often, mostly just recipes, but the printer is my son's. Need to keep in working order.

Thanks all Happy

Phyl

- Collapse -
Answer
Get epson printer printing blank help

1. Load a few sheets of plain paper in the sheet feeder.
Turn off your printer.
Hold down the paper button as you press the power button to turn the printer back on. Hold down both buttons until the power light begins to flash, then release the buttons.

The printer prints its test page, which includes a nozzle check. Does the paper print out without any gaps or with gaps? If there are do this:

2. Load a few sheets of plain paper in the sheet feeder.
Make sure the printer is on and the ink light is off.
Right-click the printer icon in the bottom right corner of your screen (the taskbar) and select Head Cleaning.

Follow the on-screen instructions to start the cleaning cycle, which lasts about 1 minute. The power light flashes throughout the cleaning cycle and stays on green when the cycle is finished.

Caution:
Never turn off the printer during a cleaning cycle or you may damage it.

When the power light stops flashing and remains on, you can check to see if the nozzles are clean. Click Print Nozzle Check Pattern and click Print. Check the printed nozzle check pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines.

If there are no gaps, click Finish.

If there are gaps or the pattern is faint, click Clean to clean the print head again.
You may need to clean the print head up to 4 times. You can also turn off the printer and wait at least 6 hours. Then try printing again.

If this doesn't work then double check that you have the toner cartridges in correctly. If you do then your print head is broken and/or burned out and it's best to just replace the printer. Fixing it would cost more than the printer itself.

Link to commercial site deleted by moderator.

Post was last edited on April 5, 2016 5:06 AM PDT

CNET Forums

Forum Info