General discussion

my email is sending over and over

Occasionaly when i send pics to my mother, they keep sending non-stop until i realize whats going on and stop the email. I'm not sure why, but right after this happens (on 2 occasions) I've had to restore my computer to out of the box condition. I recently purchased an external hard drive to copy the main drive, to make my life easier, when this happens again. The question still remains, why is this happening?

Seth

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: my email is sending over and over
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: my email is sending over and over
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Are you infected?
- Collapse -
RE:
- Collapse -
I had the same problem and MSN Tech Support gave me a fix.

If you have MSN, this should fix your problem. If not, maybe this info will help someone else. It's a frustrating problem, I know. If you're using another mail service, I suggest e-mailing Service and Support and describing your problem.

CTRL+SHIFT+F9 removes the local e-mail of all accounts that are associated with the primary MSN account. Make sure you wait at least 15 minutes before signing out so that your data is backed up.

1. Make sure that client data backup has occurred.

To clear the local data store:
a. Sign in to MSN.
b. On the Help & Settings menu, click status and Support.
c. In the Service list, click E-mail to view a detailed event history for e-mail service.
d. Under Event list, note whether the time of the last client data backup was after your last activity in MSN. If your data was backed up, go to step 2. If not, wait another 15 minutes, then check the Status and Support page again.

2. Clear the local data store:

a. If you are signed in to MSN, click Sign Out, and then click Sign out and close.
b. Start MSN, but do not sign in. When the sign-in screen appears, press CTRL+SHIFT+F9. You should receive a warning about removing e-mail and parental account info. If you receive a warning about removing account info, you may have pressed F11. Don't confirm!
c. When you are prompted to confirm you action, click Yes, and then click Yes again.
d. Restart MSN, and then sign in.
e. Wait 30 seconds before you check your e-mail and address book settings. This gives MSN time to repopulate your local data store.

At first, it's a little frightening because all the mail in your inbox is gone, but it's restored momentarily.

Good luck.

- Collapse -
disk space

How many emails do you have in OE/Outlook?

There is a size limit to both and if reached (or nearly there) that can cause strange behaviour.
Unfortunately I do not know the sizes off hand.

But empty the Sent Mail folder, emtpy Deleted Items and generally clear out old emails that you do not need anymore.

CNET Forums

Forum Info