it comes in the welcome screen, and that doesn't have a desktop or wallpaper. I get my desktop (without wallpaper, but that's how I set it) only after I login.
Maybe tell more?
- administrator or normal account?
- autologon enabled?
- how do you set the background (wallpaper)?
- what kind of file (.bmp, .jpg)?
- after changing the wallpaper, check the following registry key: HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper (HKCU = Current user) using regedit (it should contain the filename you specified)
- after reboot, check again
- do you have any software installed that might interfere with changes in the registry (like teatimer)?
- now boot into safe mode, change again, check again, reboot in safe mode, check again, shut down, reboot in normal mode, check again
My Desktop Picture keeps dissapearing everytime I turn around and I've never had this problem before. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Everytime I restart my computer "PC" my desktop picture is gone again. Thanks...