Alert

My CPU Usage!!

I don't know why but for the past many days my laptop was too slow..so when I checked the CPU Usage it shows 80-100% most of the time..I tried Google it and most of them said it was some virus issues so I have scanned my laptop with F-secure and Adware but nothing showedup. But I still have the same problem. Could someone assist me how to FIX it?

Harry.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: My CPU Usage!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: My CPU Usage!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Does it show what process is using it?

That's in the Processes tab.

Kees

- Collapse -
Could be proper.

Just last month I found a machine with TeaTimer and Norton installed. The owner insisted they wanted both so for that combination it's proper.

Finding a toxic combination is fun as there are so many. There is a theme to these and here it is "overlapping protection."

It might be that, it could be something else like the Windows Media Player server.
Bob

- Collapse -
CPU 100% also

I also have this problem. I had trend micro installed and I think a new virus update slowed everything down. i've completely removed trend micro now, and run adware, AVG, and wisefixer, but nothing works. the processes under task manager are also only using the CPU minimally so it's very strange.

- Collapse -
Since you have overlapping protection Why?

Why would you expect it to not show issues?

I know some will write "it worked before."
Bob

CNET Forums