General discussion

My computer keeps uploading to some server, and CPU usage !

first my cpu is always over 85% i have Intel core 2 quad Q6600.

but thats not all, my Computer keeps uploading to a Russian server ( englishfirst.v.shared.ru )

i know this cause i use Du-meter to check my UL/DL, then i ran Commview to see whats uploading, it just won't stop!

i'm using McAfee 2010, I've already blocked the IP address
( 89.253.244.189 ) for that server, so it's not uploading anymore. but every time i delete the blocked IP, it' starts to upload again!

can anyone help me please?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: My computer keeps uploading to some server, and CPU usage !
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: My computer keeps uploading to some server, and CPU usage !
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
That looks like a File Sharing site.

I haven't tried any web site for englishfirst.v.shared.ru but I wouldn't mind betting it's a file sharing site.

Other than that, may be a trojan of some kind?

I would double check for malware using either,
Malwarebytes' Anti-malware or
SUPERAntiSpyware

Mark

- Collapse -
my firewall is keeping it on a leash!

i tried everything, from spybot, ad-aware, hijackthis, mcafee, kesparsky, avg, spydoctor.

i uninstalled utorrent, and every useless prog i have, i only left the one's that i use.
i even did a system restore on my win7.

nothing, the only way now, is for me to block that IP with my firewall. if i just turn it off for a few seconds, it automatically uploads!! if only i know what is it exactly it's uploading, it uploads in full upload bandwidth, not just a few kb's.

i even disabled my wifi, i thought someone from my neighbor's hacked my pc Happy
it's using the svchost.exe to do it's menace work!

so is there a way that i can edit svchost, or even replace it without destroying my OS?

Thank You.

- Collapse -
Share the full story.
- Collapse -
safe at last

yes, sadly i was using a torrent program Happy
never thought they were that dangerous!

i think i'm okay now, nothing is uploading to that server anymore, i installed
kaspersky 2011 been looking for a good antivirus, so i installed the trial version 30days. and i think it did the job.. my upload/Download now 0kb nothing on commview. disabled my router firewall and kaspersky's, just to be sure.

thanx R.proffitt for the link

CNET Forums

Forum Info