HolidayBuyer's Guide

Windows 7 forum

General discussion

My clock doesn't work on my laptop

by evlippe / November 23, 2010 6:10 AM PST

My clock runs for about an hour. I have a Dell that runs Windows 7. This problem just started a few days ago. The clock will run for about an hour. I will try and correct the time and it will run for 45-50 minutes and reset to the time I set it to. It just does this continuously. It does not matter if I close my computer or turn it off or anything. It will will just run for a while and reset. Please help me! I can't figure out what is wrong. It is set to go off the government time. Please Help!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My clock doesn't work on my laptop
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My clock doesn't work on my laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It sounds as if
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 23, 2010 6:12 AM PST

You installed some other time setting software. But I can't be sure.

You may have to reveal more and tell us exactly what you mean by doesn't work and if you set the timezone on this machine.
Bob

Collapse -
hope this helps
by evlippe / November 23, 2010 9:44 AM PST
In reply to: It sounds as if

I have not installed anything new on my computer. Like I said it only runs for about an hour and resets and runs the same hour over. Right now my computer says it is 6:34 on 11/ 22 because I reset it at around 6:30 on that day. It runs to about 7: 45 last time I saw it and then goes back to about 6:30. I have it set on UTC - Central Time. Let me know if you need more information

Collapse -
Be aware I've seen this happen.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 23, 2010 11:57 AM PST
In reply to: hope this helps

But it was some failed license crack that would cause the clock to not run proper. The original cracks caused issues like this.

Let's hear more about this OS and machine and tell us what Dell is saying about this issue.
Bob

Collapse -
by human being1 / November 24, 2010 4:52 PM PST
In reply to: hope this helps

Evli,

Check the timer in your BIOS setting.Turn off your computer and reboot it and
start pressing Delete button on your keyboard or if you get a screen which
says press a bottom to enter setup,then press that perticular botton.
In the settings of BIOS make sure your date and time are correct.Just
check and correct these settings and restart your computer and then see
if the clock runs normally on your Computer.

Collapse -
Evli
by human being1 / November 24, 2010 4:55 PM PST
In reply to: Reply

Yes one more thing, if the clock in your computer doesnot fix
after following these steps,then you have to update the BIOS of
your Computer. For that you need to run your Motherboard CD that
you got when you purchased this computer from vendor.

I hope this helps,

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.