Speakeasy forum

General discussion

my christmas wish for children this year

by James Denison / November 24, 2008 9:26 PM PST

To mine tons of coal before it's use is banned, so all the Appalachian children's parents will have a final paycheck. Send each child in the world one big lump wrapped in pretty paper. Have a nice card with palm trees, ocean waves, and pretty sand. The card shows how if they put in water and take out they can watch the pretty rainbow colors dance on it, or on top of the water. Explain how on a cold night they can use this magic black rock with fire in a metal pot to help warm themselves back up, AND be doing their part to help warm the earth up too, so one day all those evil cold winters will be gone forever. Include a picture of the winter grinch, which looks strangely like Al Gore. Explain how his cold heart wants many children in colder countries to freeze in winter and how much he hates the warm. Let them know the grinch has a lump of ice in his heart that makes him that way. Promise them that if we work together to burn more magic black rocks that "yes we can" make the world a warmer and happier place for everyone to live in.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: my christmas wish for children this year
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: my christmas wish for children this year
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Did you see "Coal Miner's Daughter"?
by Angeline Booher / November 24, 2008 11:03 PM PST

Loretta Lynn came from a family of coal miners in a town in Appalachia..

Those areas of Kentucky and West Virginia have depended on the mining of coal for generations. And those who have gone into the mines are not the ones who have reaped the benefits of a better standard of living , even with the UMW. The mining areas still remain more isolated due to topography from the rest of their states.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
I think James's point is.....
by EdHannigan / November 24, 2008 11:08 PM PST

the new Admin has vowed to shut them down.

A lousy job is better than NO job.

Collapse -
Merry Christmas
by JP Bill / November 24, 2008 11:28 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.