Android forum

General discussion

My apps not showing on new Samsung galaxy tab s

So I bought a galaxy tab s a few weeks ago and went through the steps to get my email, calendars, etc synced up with my new tab. Well all my apps that are on my account and also ony note 4 downloaded and updated but I can't see any of them unless I go into the play store and search for them. Any help here because I would like to ad shortcuts and whatnot so I can customizey tab s tjw way I want it. Thank you
Adam

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My apps not showing on new Samsung galaxy tab s
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My apps not showing on new Samsung galaxy tab s
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I did run into a new Android user with similar complaint.

In reply to: My apps not showing on new Samsung galaxy tab s

They didn't know how to place apps on the screen for easy use. Does that sound like your issue?
Bob

Collapse -
issue

In reply to: I did run into a new Android user with similar complaint.

Yes I can't place them on home screen and they are not in my app drawer either

Collapse -
How about widgets?

In reply to: issue

Those are not exactly in the app drawer. I don't have your model here but if the download was a widget then it's not in the app section of the app drawer. here's a video on putting a widget on screen. It won't be exact for your model since Android is all over the map.

It changed from prior Android versions too.

-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpiRZJyQphI

Collapse -
widgets

In reply to: How about widgets?

I know how to put widgets onto my home screen. I need to find out why my installed apps aren't showing in app drawer. The widgets for said apps are not there either

Collapse -
OK, time to cover another area.

In reply to: widgets

Another client had apps in their store but never actually installed them on the android machine.

You wrote "my apps that are on my account and also ony note 4 downloaded and updated " so I am left to guess a lot here.

Any chance of screen shots of these apps? We're down a few posts and the details are light.

We've tried the newbie stuff so it's time to see the details.
Bob

Collapse -
Apps show in play store

In reply to: OK, time to cover another area.

The apps that I have bought or downloaded show up on my note 4. When I symced my tab s with google all my apps started to download and update on my tab s. Problem is they did not load into app drawer or on any home screen page. When I search in play store for one of those apps (let's say Facebook) it doesn't give me a way of downloading it. It says open or uninstall. So the apps are obviously wither stored in the cloud or on my device already. I want to know how to get those apps in my app drawer and on my home screen.

Collapse -
OK, let's get another basic item out of the way.

In reply to: Apps show in play store

Do you know how to swipe left, right or up/down in the apps drawer? I didn't see you write you did that.

Collapse -
app drawer

In reply to: OK, let's get another basic item out of the way.

Yes I'm pretty good at Samsung products. This has never happened before. It's my first Samsung tablet

Collapse -
Sorry but I can't tell if you know Android yet.

In reply to: app drawer

Do you have any friends or local support to see if they can try it?

Collapse -
I wonder if this is Samsung's FEATURE?

Collapse -
Apps on Tab S

I also have a Note 1, and bought a Tab S recently.
I had to download again from the app store the Apps that were on my phone. The synchronization does not download the Apps. It will however synchronize your Maps, Contacts, Planner, and mail, once you have it set up. I had to download dictionaries, news outlet, My Maps, Whatsapp, and others. For the messaging apps, you will have to use the phone number of the tablet, as it is different than that of the phone.

Collapse -
check settings

there should be a setting to auto place apps you install on home screen. try opening the play store app, open the menu, open the settings section. under general heading, there should be an option to add icon to home screen.

Collapse -
Neat workaround.

In reply to: check settings

Collapse -
Try updating your tablet's OS

My wife had the same problem, and when she updated Android, it started working properly.

Collapse -
Take off safe mode

Thought I'd post this since none of the other posted helped me, hope this helps others in the future!

Just bought a Samsung tablet 2 January 2016 and encountered the same problem.
I had installed the apps, they said installed in my Google play store, appeared in the apps manager in the settings, but wouldn't show in the app drawer.
Bottom left hand corner said "safe mode" turned safe mode off and the apps were available.

Some pfotective cases can hold down a button which can re-enter you into safe mode too, make sure that''s not happening!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.