Rant

My 3 year old samsung is turning off and back on again

My 3 year old samsung(le40b620) tv is constantly turning itself on and then back on again. I have tried contacting Samsung but have been told that I would need to incur any costs at my own expense. Have also emailed their uk team however no reply. Starting to get to the end of my tether and really hope by showing what I sent to Samsung, will get some sort of response.
To whom this may concern,

I am writing this email due to the level of service I have received since having issues with my Samsung television. My Samsung television is approx. 3 years old and has suddenly started switching itself off and then back on again, occassions where it has been off for numerous hours and will switch itself on in the middle of the night. I have contacted Samsung customer services and was put through to advisors in Egypt who find it fairly difficult to understand my Scottish accent. They were extremely unhelpful with my situation and told me that I would need to contact an engineer in my area and incur the costs myself, which I feel is extremely unfair as the fault is a manufacturers and no fault of my own.

I purchased this product based on recommendations of reliabilty and level of service that Samsung generally provide. I expected this product to have a lifespan of greater that 3 years. I can certainly understand that some consumer items require servicing and maintenance, but these products advise of this at point of sale. For example, a car can be expected to suffer wear and tear due to the nature of its intended use. This is not expected of a television, and I would certainly not consider any of Samsung's electrical appliances, due to its so called worldwide reputation for being the leading electrical equipment provider. I do beleive this this is common occurence and would indicate to me that the issue lies within the quality of components used or within the maufacturing process. Hence, I believe this is a manufacturer issue and should not be left to the consumer to resolve

I have consulted with consumer groups and people who have experienced a similar issue who have also been greeted with the same response I have received from your customer services; to contact an engineer at my own expense. Firstly, I would like like to voice my sheer discontent and frustration as to the attitude of Samsung customer service advisors, who were called Bito and Lilly (Team manager) in Egypt. There was no empathy shown whatsover and no thought as to the cost of the television when bought brand new as well as possible repair costs which was quoted as £48 for an engineer to come out, before any possible repairs are made, which under no circumstances I am willing to pay. I called back Samsung customer care support a second time after speaking to DCS and was told nodody called Lilly works there and that then suddenly I would receive a call back today at 5:30 from Lilly, which never happened. Employed within customer services I feel the way I have been treated is absolutely disgusting and would just like for some help in my situation with a problematic television, due to no fault of my own. I have tried sending an email through my Samsung account which constantly diplays the dreaded "Loading Data...Please Wait", for the next 5 hours or however long it takes to send. I really hope this email will resolve my issues or at least get the ball rolling as it is really starting to cause me stress and anxiety.

I am also sad to say that due to this experience my first choice of electrical equipment provider will certainly be hindered in the near future if my issues aren't dealt with appropriately and in a proffessional manner.

Regards

Sunil Chatterjee

This email was sent on the 25/9/2012 and so were the 2 telephone calls that were made.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: My 3 year old samsung is turning off and back on again
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: My 3 year old samsung is turning off and back on again
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
A quick look around
- Collapse -
Still not getting anywhere

Thanks for the advice. Tried contacting Samsung AGAIN and was totally fobbed off and given the no. for a local technician in glasgow. Totally lost any confidence had in Samsung and really hope that they finally get found out for selling faulty equipment!!!! Can anybody help that has experienced the same sort of faults/issues. Thing Samsung customer services is absolutely shocking.

- Collapse -
I'm guessing here.

As far as I know Samsung still repairs these sets out of warranty. Maybe you wanted a free repair but didn't write that. I will not debate if there is a fault in the design (the issue I noted is not a faulty design issue) but to see if there was something known.

Bob

CNET Forums