HolidayBuyer's Guide

Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

My 2nd post problem persists (I'm going crazy..) PC Crash!

by Leon_26 / March 20, 2008 7:47 AM PDT

My computers crashes when I'm browsing pages after a while with muliple instances most of time. My cable modm stops flashing, and after a few seconds (If I reload pages nothing happens, like if it is stuck) my computer crashes. I think it as somthing to do with a mistmache inofmation in tcpip, or it as something to do with it. Already tried a lot of things, i will name them:

- change the slot memory (1gb)
- open the case
- re set my tcpip and dhcp
- No spyware or adware or even virus found!
- All drivers up to date! No conflits!
- Cookies cleaned!
- Cpu not heating!
- Unpllug a possible conflict soundblaster live!
- All slot's well pluged!
- see problems in eventviewr (none found unless EVENT_TCPIP_TCP_CONNECT_LIMIT_REACHED)
- uninstalled some possibel conflict problems programs

Computer:

Board MSI K8T Neo2-F v2.0 (MS-7094)
AMD Athlon 64, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3700+
Memory 1GB
GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X (64 MB)
Genie TV
Creative SB Live! Platinum (CT4760) Sound Card
SAMSUNG SP2004C (200 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
CANYON CN-WCAM21 PC-Camera
EPSON Stylus DX3800
Vectro VT6212 USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller

ATAPI DVD-ROM 16XMax (16x DVD-ROM)
HP CD-Writer+ 9200 SCSI CdRom Device (8x/4x/32x CD-RW)
PHILIPS SPD2411P
SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-152B (52x CD-ROM)
Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC (onboard)

The computer is not slow, only this problem that pesists,

Thanks Bob for the help!

HELP PLEASE!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My 2nd post problem persists (I'm going crazy..) PC Crash!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My 2nd post problem persists (I'm going crazy..) PC Crash!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Click on my name...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 20, 2008 8:41 AM PDT

Email me your hijackthis log. (see google for that program.)

I think (you tell me) that you now have an issue that only happens once in awhile. When we get to that point it could be hardware or some program, service or other gremlin. The hijackthis log sometimes helps us spot a service or other item we can do without.

In parting, here's the site I use to simplify the services that Windows has running (no reason to leave it enabled if we don't use it.) Read http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

Bob

Collapse -
services.msc
by Leon_26 / March 20, 2008 11:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Click on my name...

just verified all the services, and change some values, now we will see of something changed, but for me only tomorrow!

Collapse -
RamCleaner?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 20, 2008 12:15 PM PDT
In reply to: services.msc

Sorry but this is one I disagree with. We could debate it but let's list what we can do without and still have a working XP.

1. C:\Programas\RamCleaner\RamCleaner.exe

2. How many firewalls? http://www.bitdefender.com/ notes it has a possible firewall and you have outpost. To top that off the Event Viewer has noted issues in the TCPIP stacks if I recall. (correct me if wrong.)

3. CursorXP is very optional. If I'm crashing, it's out.

4. msimn.exe. Your choice here. If you're not using it, toss it.

5. BitComet. Toast here. P2P apps and crashing is something I bail on. I can't offer any help when P2P is running. Just too many crashes is why I bail. I have to wait till the owner gets tired of crashing.

6. Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

Any of the File Missing items could be removed in Hijackthis without ill effect. It's just good to be tidy on these items.

7. "livecall" as in MSN Live? It's been flakey for some. I'd do without any MS "Live" component for now.

Good luck,
Bob

Collapse -
ramcleaner installed after the crashes started to check cpu!
by Leon_26 / March 20, 2008 7:27 PM PDT
In reply to: RamCleaner?

1- ram cleaner: now gone
2- bitdefender: its oly the anivirus not the security firwall options not installed
3 - cursor xp: gone
4- msimm: i'll keep cause I use some times
5- bit comet: gone
6- extra buttom: removed
7- well some I'll need to remove msn (for now off course)

Thank Bob Happy ,
now let's browse!

Collapse -
So far one crash! removed now msn!
by Leon_26 / March 21, 2008 12:49 AM PDT
In reply to: RamCleaner?

This crash was a little bit different!

Once again in firefox, loading 4 pages, and seem to be no activity, for about 20 seconds, after 3 of the 4 pages finally load and computer crashes! this is not the usual, but since i've only one crash (so far) I have to wait to see if now it's gona be like that!

Sended youa mail before this post with the new hijackthis log!

Collapse -
Is that a trojan or a telnet server?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 21, 2008 12:56 AM PDT

1. http://www.auditmypc.com/process/tlntsvr.asp notes something I'd shutdown on this machine fast.

2. Why was msiexec running at the time of the HJT log?

3. At the end are two "file missing" entries. Are they missing? If so this could be some trojan had killed your BitDefender in an odd way.

Bob

Collapse -
I guess I have a trojan again!!
by Leon_26 / March 21, 2008 3:44 AM PDT

1- well I think its a trojan!!I don' know him, killed him from task manager but offcourse he will come back again...
2- I really can't say but I was doing some things at the same time, don't remember now what..
3- Nope, they are'nt but they are disabled by outpost to not connect to the internet!(what do I do?)

Collapse -
That's not good.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 21, 2008 3:48 AM PDT

I think your machine should be getting better by now. But head to our Spyware forum for advice on trojan hunting.

As to bitdefender and outpost I'd resolve that issue since running with a busted defense system is like having none.
Bob

Collapse -
so far so good :)
by Leon_26 / March 21, 2008 5:51 AM PDT
In reply to: That's not good.

Well my machine is even faster :), now i'll solve the trojan issue and hope everything is fine, so far didn't get a crash, but just started to browse now, but I can say that by now, usually i would have already get one..

Thanks again and best regards, and see you next issue!!

Leonel

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.