Cameras forum

General discussion

My 1st camera, please help

by hll / June 18, 2005 2:20 PM PDT

Please help me to make a choice between Canon PowerShot A80 and Canon PowerShot A95...
Or any other good recomendation for an 1st-time-user?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My 1st camera, please help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My 1st camera, please help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
one more thing
by hll / June 18, 2005 2:27 PM PDT

I added Canon PowerShot A85 to my consider list, please help me to decide which one is the best of those 3: Canon PowerShot A80, Canon PowerShot A85, and Canon PowerShot A95

Collapse -
One more thing_Which one's BEST!!
by Lourdes MMMMMM / June 27, 2005 10:56 PM PDT
In reply to: one more thing

They are all great.Ask yourself how big you will blow your pictures up?If price is not a problem the A95 allows for up to 11x14 with no problem.But if its 8x10 or smaller they are all exc.Consider how long you will keep camera and if its worth dishing out the extra $$.Sometimes its best to do so and have no regrests later.Remember you will need rechargeable batteries & more memory ... Good Luck!

Collapse -
1st Camera
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / June 18, 2005 11:11 PM PDT

I am surprised you found an A80, as it has been out of production for about a year.
It was replaced with the A95.

The A85 is also out of production (about 6 months).
It was replaced with the A520.

I would go with the A95.
It has 5 megapixels and swing out LCD.
And the price is not much higher than the A85/A520.

Collapse -
thanks
by hll / June 19, 2005 2:12 AM PDT
In reply to: 1st Camera

thank you for your help, I'll go with the A95. I was surprised at first when I found out that the prices of A80 & A85 were higher than A95. This fact made me confused which one was the best out of the three. Once again, thank you so much for your help!

Collapse -
How about Canon S410 and A95
by hll / June 19, 2005 2:31 AM PDT
In reply to: thanks

Which one should I go for, my friend recomend S410, how about your opinion?

Collapse -
S410 A95
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / June 19, 2005 4:38 AM PDT

Both cameras take excellent photos.
The S410 will likely cost you a bit more.
...Have you ever noticed...the thinner the camera, the more the cost.

Here is a link to a side-by-side display of specifications:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=canon_s410%2Ccanon_a95&show=all

You will notice a number of differences.

The two cameras are designed for two different people.

The S410 is a point-and-shoot camera for people who want good photos and don't want to get involved with the mechanics of photography.

The A95 is a camera with important manual control options for the intermediate (or intermediate wantabe) photographer.
Such as Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and AE Program modes.

Only you can determine which you are.

Since both are great cameras, you can't make a bad decision.

Collapse -
Reply to my 1st. camera help.
by Lourdes MMMMMM / June 27, 2005 10:43 PM PDT

My dauther has the A70 exc.picture quality.I own the s50.Again clear sharp pictures.Pretty much all Canons are exc.for clarity& sharpness.When taking pictures as with all digital hold snap button for second to allow focus and snap.Inside pictues turn on all lights & take picture with steady hand.Consider the amount of batteries they need, size for use and hand comfort.I will soon be selling my s50 which is amazing and might try the sd400 or sd500. GOOD LUCK!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?