Samsung forum

General discussion

Mvoies feel like reality shows in my Samsung LED 6000

by avinashmeka / March 3, 2010 5:21 AM PST

I bought this TV(Samsung UN46B6000) just a couple of days back and connected it to a blue-ray player as soon as i got it and played a movie. And the movie just feel like a reality show where they show how the Movie is made rather than feeling like a movie.

I absolutely have no clue how is it possible, but my TV is playing movies like reality shows. And i have tried calling customer service and even they dont have an answer.

I played some movies which are action filled like District 9, Dark Knight, Terminator Salvation. All of them are blue-ray discs. The picture quality is great but they just dont feel like movies.

I have even tried playing movies by connecting my HDD, same result. If i play them in a different TV(My friends Sony LED) they are just like movies. Even in my laptop they feel like movies.

I would rather watch movies in my laptop than in my TV if it plays like this.

Is it a problem with Samsung Tv's? Or is just some settings i have to change? Help me out with this one.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mvoies feel like reality shows in my Samsung LED 6000
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mvoies feel like reality shows in my Samsung LED 6000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
MP
by foshobear / March 3, 2010 8:03 AM PST

Dont know if your TV has this, but try turning off the "Motion Plus" option. See if it helps.

Collapse -
Reality issue
by cesareo33 / March 4, 2010 4:16 PM PST

This is interesting. I have two new Samsung 8500 and 6000 I noticed this as well, it is as if I am watching a stage play or as you said a reality show. Blu ray does this as well. I thought it might be my inexperience with HD and maybe this was how it is supposed to look. It is weird, would love to know if this is normal.

Collapse -
Reality issue
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 6, 2010 12:43 PM PST
In reply to: Reality issue

cesareo33,

You might check either the AutoMotion Plus settings, or disabling the BD-Wise on the Blu-Ray player's menu. Both can cause a difference in picture delivery that may fix exactly what you're describing.

--HDTech

Collapse -
TV Pic looks like a home move
by simonsplace / July 17, 2010 5:30 PM PDT

Glad I found this site as I have the same problem with the picture looking like a home movie, lack of definition (whites are really vibrant) and a weird sort of 3D look to it as well. Horrible to watch, makes me feel ill after a while. This applies to HD, DVDs and my Du service. Everything looks like a bad 80s US soap.

I will try the auto motion plus feature tonight and the comment re game mode being turned on. I hope it works otherwise it's heading back to the retailers for a refund and I'll be seeing LG!

TV is UA46C6900

Collapse -
TV pic looks like a home movie
by simonsplace / July 19, 2010 10:29 PM PDT

Auto motion turned off has sorted this out, enjoying the TV, now the problem with the movie home theatre.....

Collapse -
AutoMotion Plus
by edsteinbauer / August 31, 2010 11:30 PM PDT

turning AutoMotion Plus off resolved the issue for me too. My question is when would you want to turn this feature on? Football games or other sports?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!