Android forum

General discussion

Must-have apps for Android

Personal opinion, this is a list of Android apps that you should have on your Android device. Of course, there are hundreds of thousands of apps in Google Play, if you like any others and think they are "must-have apps", free to leave a comment below.
1..Dropbox
Everyone knows what Dropbox is and if you don't you should get it. Cloud storage for all your devices so you can access files from anywhere, on any of your devices. An extremely helpful app that is free and uses someone Else's storage space.
2.AirDroid
Transfer just about anything you can think back and forth between PC and your device over Wi-Fi with AirDroid. As well as that you can send messages, update contacts, change ringtones and control most things you would want to from your computer, all through a web-based interface.
3.SMS Backup and Restore
If you are an Android User who has a rooted device and tests out new Roms regularly, but wish to keep your SMS messages on your phone, or maybe if you are just a bit of a paranoid parrot, then SMS Backup and Restore is an app for you.
4.Moborobo
Don't waste the seconds it takes to open up your browser and type in moborobo.com. Moborobo is a leading Android Smartphone Management Software that can be installed on your Windows PC. With Moborobo, the management of your Android Smartphone becomes fun and easy. Manage contact data: Sort, find, organize and backup your contact data, such as your contact list as well as your messages. You can create groups for your contacts and import/export them between your pc and your device.
5.Pocket
Pocket is an Android app that allows you to save web content to view later. Saving the content within the Pocket Android App, you can view it at your leisure at any time on your Android device, or even send the list to an email to be accessible from wherever you like.
6.Google Maps
Google Maps is one of the most useful apps available for Android. Plot courses, get guided towards your destination or just look for better paths. Google Maps is an excellent GPS navigation tool for Android users.
7.Wikipedia
Open up your browser and type in Wikipedia.com. Open the Android app and type in your search that is sure to deliver you with the best Wikipedia results for your search terms. Provides all Wikipedia function so get it now.
8.Angry Birds(multiple incarnations)
It seems like everyone in the world has or have had a go at Angry Birds. Don't get left behind as someone who hasn't experienced it. Plus, it's a great time waster for those periods of utter boredom. A new version with new game mechanics is released every now and then, so the fun will never run out with Angry Birds.
9.Go Launcher EX
Go Launcher EX might not be as fancy looking as some of the launchers that specialize in animations and cool effects, but I dare say it's more functional than many of them. My own reason for using it has a lot to do with the widgets, both in terms of functionality and the ability to make them look the same.

Well, those are my own favour. Sure, not everyone will enjoy all of these apps.You can provide what you are interested in. Or if you like the list of apps, you can have a try!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Must-have apps for Android
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Must-have apps for Android
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Thank you....

In reply to: Must-have apps for Android

....for not posting internet links.

Collapse -
is there any good app to shut down the apps on the back stag

I only have 4 of the list. However, is there any good app to shut down the apps on the back stage?

Collapse -
shut down the apps on the back stag

Hi, it seems that you can use Task Manager to kill the apps on the back stag. Or others I don't remember very clearly that I once used a launcher which its Widget Dock has the clean feature. That also can shut down the apps. I can help you to look for it!

Collapse -
Thanks

In reply to: shut down the apps on the back stag

I am using Task Manager right now, it's ok but not that perfect as I thought. Thank you anyway.

Collapse -

Here are some of mine aside from some listed above:

Box - Similar to Dropbox for cloud storage
Dolphin Browser HD
Google Chrome Browser
Catch - for notetaking
Google Currents - I love the interface of this news reader, in more of a magazine-like format
ES File Explorer
Lookout Mobile Security - Love this antivirus for mobile devices. I have it on my Gnex and Thrive. I paid for the full version, which enables remote find, remote lock, and remote wipe.
Pulse - Another great news reader
Red Laser - for scanning barcodes

Collapse -

Yeah, thank you for your job! I hope others can show their own favorite apps!

Collapse -
Privacy Advisor

A privacy advisor of some sort is the only must have app you need. "Lookout Premium" has "Privacy Advisor". For free checkout, "Privacy Inspector". I'll bet many of folks favorite apps will change after you run one of these.

Collapse -
Anyone use the PC management tool

I wonder if anyone use these two PC mangement tool AirDroid and Moborobo? Any ideas of which one is better? Thanks!

Collapse -

The ever increasing features and applications of Android Devices have made it very popular among the users.There are many Twitter apps on Android - and Twitter itself shook up the scene with the launch of its own-brand app recently - but we're sticking with Seesmic.the another apps are:
There are many Twitter apps on Android - and Twitter itself shook up the scene with the launch of its own-brand app recently - but we're sticking with Seesmic.
2. Facebook for Android
3. ASTRO File Manager
4. UK Jobs
5. Hotmail
6. Google Sky Map
7.Layar
these are some of the apps of android.

Collapse -
(NT) To avoid spam. Avoid links in this discussion.

In reply to: More apps & games

Collapse -
best

not famous but the best for me, shareon video.

I can see the media that are stored on my pc on my smartphone.
Also, I can play them on a DLNA supported TV set or a set of wifi speakers.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.