General discussion

MusicMatch and Linksys Wireless Music System

I have a Linksys wireless (802.11b) music system that plays back all my PM3s stored on my computer. The problem, I had only played back MP3s ripped from CDs. I recently bought and downloaded a couple of songs from Musicmatch.com but these files won't play on the Linksys system. They appear listed but just won't play. Linksys says that they can't play back secured WMA files. Does anyone have a similar system, and if so, have you ran into the same situation?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: MusicMatch and Linksys Wireless Music System
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MusicMatch and Linksys Wireless Music System
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Many bounce it to CDR and back.

And viola, you have your MP3.

- Collapse -
Thanks!

Thanks for the advice, I'll try it tonight. But woudn't the newly created MP3 be secured as well?

- Collapse -
Those who try, those who wonder if it will work.

Given the proximity to breaking the forum rules, I can't reveal much more to you...

Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info