General discussion

Music File Transfers

What are the best ways to transfer mp3s from one computer to another? (both over the internet and when the computers are in the same room)

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Music File Transfers
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Music File Transfers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: transfering files

Nemean,

There really is no 'best' way. And it doesn't matter if these are mp3's or spreadsheets.

There are many ways to do it, and they are all 'good' as long as they work. Let me mention a view:
- restore from your regular backup (I assume you make a backup, because you don't want to lose your mp3's in case anything happens with the original version)
- copy to and from a USB-stick
- copy to and from removable hard disk
- install a home network (any number of PC's up from 2) and copy using Windows Explorer
- burn to CD or DVD, then read it on the other PC
- copy them to your home page on internet and download again
- copy them to or from a web folder(you might need to rent space somewhere)
- email (as attachment)

Pick your choice, depending on the circumstances.

Hope this helps.

Kees

- Collapse -
music file transfers

yep no, "BEST WAY" , simply treat music as anormal file, the other sender says it all but i will ad you can use software like WINMX (wit newest beta, limewire ETC) to share or download own/other music(games,software,pictures BLA BLA BLA) by simply specifing the folder ur downloads are goin into or uploads coming out of.

- Collapse -
Transfer files between computers?
- Collapse -
(NT) Note There ARE Issues...With Spyware, Viruses, And Legality
- Collapse -
You don't want to know how bad P2P can be. Link, comment.

CNET Forums