General discussion

Multiple problems...

I have a Dell Latitude E6400 laptop running XP Pro.

When starting it up earlier today, it took an excessively long time to load. Then, once loaded, a series of error messages appeared related to Dell Control Point Connection Manager, Act!, Dell Security Device and Task Status, Roxio Creator (a runtime error), and Wireless Configuration (notification dll not registered...).

In addition, I have been unable to access/open System Restore, IE (a quick flash, then nothing), McAfee Security Center (nothing), Connection Manager/Wireless Netowrk (no internet connection), and the "Windows Key' on the keyboard does not work.

I have tried rebooting in Safe Mode but am still unable to do a SYstem Restore. I have also run SuperAntiSpyware (updated earlier today) but only got some typical Tracking Cookies.

I'm not quite sure what to try next. I would think if I somehow got System Restore to work, I could restore the configuration from a day or two ago but I can't get that to work.

Any thoughts?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Multiple problems...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Multiple problems...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Ah yes

Ah yes, the McAfee is the key here. They released an update that has been causing people everywhere grief. Look around a bit, and someone is likely to have come up with some solutions.

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thank you all.

Looks like I have some reading to do.....

Hopefully, I'll find a solution!

If not, I'll be back!!

CNET Forums

Forum Info