Question

multilangual subtitles respectively more than one srt-file!?

Hi,
I am very new to a samsung high tech tv (a LE32C650) and I am still trying the possibilities of my new toy Happy

Up to now I used a dvd-divx-player with english movies and an english and a german srt-file: movie.avi - movie.en.srt - movie.de.srt

So with my dvd player I could switch to the several srt-files like subtitles on a DVD.

Now I have these files on my usb stick and try this on my new Samsung. The subtitles are not shown.

OK, tried it with movie.avi and movie.srt: it worked. But with this solution I can only use one language file at once (without disconnect and rename manually). Most times english subs are more than enough for me but sometimes there a phrases I have to switch to german for a short time.
Is there any solution to use several movie.LANG1.srt, movie.LANG2.srt, movie.LANG3.srt instead of only one movie.srt?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: multilangual subtitles respectively more than one srt-file!?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: multilangual subtitles respectively more than one srt-file!?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer

stm999999999,

- Collapse -

Thanks for the answer.

- Collapse -

stm999999999

CNET Forums