General discussion

Multi Volume CD Files

I have an appl file greater than the capacity of a single CD that I want to b/u. I tried burning this file from the appl (Family Tree maker) as well as from Roxio v6.2, both unsuccessful. Is there anything else short of installing DVD burner worth trying? I'm running XP Home w/SP2.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Multi Volume CD Files
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Multi Volume CD Files
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) zip ?
- Collapse -
File splitter?
- Collapse -
Zip

Sorry, should have mentioned that even a Zipped file is still much too large.

- Collapse -
WinZip and some others allow file splitting

which is what you need if you don't want to go the DVD route.

To split a Zip file into smaller pieces (using WinZip):

1. Open or create the Zip file.

2. Choose Split from the Actions menu.

3. Specify the name to be used for the split Zip file. The name must be different from the name of the open Zip file.

4. Specify the size to be used for the individual parts. You can choose from common sizes using the Part size drop-down list or you can specify your own size. To specify your own size, choose "Other size" in the drop-down list and type the desired size in the Other size field. You can specify the size in bytes, kilobytes (KB), or megabytes (MB); indicate which you're using by clicking the appropriate radio button. The minimum size allowed is 65,536 bytes (64KB).

5. Click OK to create the split Zip file.

CNET Forums

Forum Info