But not one seem to have accurate color. Even today to achieve this we need ONE MORE THING. Let me share a link to the Pantone Huey at http://www.amazon.com/Pantone-MEU113-huey-Pro/dp/B000OFC1YY
I'm unsure how else you could achieve accurate color.
I am currently in the market for a multi-purpose monitor. I have 2 main priorities with this purchase -- I am a graphic designer, so I need a monitor that will display color accurately when used in conjunction with my PC. However, I am also planning to double it as a gaming ?HDTV? of sorts by using the HDMI input with my PS3. I?ve done a decent amount of research (Cnet, PCMag and PCWorld reviews + User reviews on Amazon, Cnet, Newegg, etc) into this and feel I have narrowed down my options to 4 different, potential monitors that suit my needs.
I?m definitely open to other options, but these are the 4 I?ve narrowed it down to:
1) DELL SP2309W
CNET Review: http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/dell-sp2309w/4505-3174_7-33456038.html
2) LG Flatron M237WD
CNET Review: http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/lg-flatron-m237wd/4505-3174_7-33630790.html?tag=mncol;lst
3) Samsung Syncmaster XL2370
CNET Review: http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/samsung-syncmaster-xl2370/4505-3174_7-33683882.html
4) LG W5423V-PF
CNET Review: http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/lg-w2453v-pf-lcd/4505-3174_7-33573252.html?tag=mncol;lst
What I am looking for in the monitor:
1) $500 or under
2) Between 23? and 26?
3) HDMI, DVI and VGA capable (To support both my PS3 and PC)
4) Quality contract/color display and performance (for movie viewing, crisp gaming and Graphic Design purposes)
5) No ghosting (pretty crucial for gaming purposes)
6) 5ms or lower (for quality gaming response time)
Things I don?t care as much about:
1) Monitor ergonomics (I don?t have much room on my desk or place to hang it anyway)
2) Display/menu controls (they?re nice, but as long as it performs well, I?ll sacrifice convenient UI)
3) TV Tuner (It?s a nice perk and I wouldn?t mind it, but it doesn?t out-way performance for me should I be forced to choose between the two)
4) Speakers/Audio (as long as it has audio output, I?m fine with poor speakers)
I?m having a lot of trouble making a choice mainly because I have no real way to see these monitors in person before making a decision. Visuals are, for obvious reasons, everything. I?m hoping that those with more experience might have some information that would help me make an educated decision based on my needs, narrow these options down further or suggest something different altogether.
Any help, advice or insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!